Nissan Titan/FRP Flippac Build

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I know I've seen your truck here on EP somewhere but your fridge/stove slide is great as is that medical box. It is perfect. How bout that damn bike carrier-perfect!
Well done(and I'm jealous). Where did you get that awning and what is the ballpark price?
:luxhello:

I know I've seen your truck here on EP somewhere but your fridge/stove slide is great as is that medical box. It is perfect. How bout that damn bike carrier-perfect!
Well done(and I'm jealous). Where did you get that awning and what is the ballpark price?
:luxhello:

It's from Paul at Equipt and was $530. A tad expensive but fit perfectly and extends over 7 feet, exactly what I was looking for.

Bumper Progress

e998840b.jpg

6b4c22d6.jpg

7ade5233.jpg

Flip_4_It

Jeff Brown
Did Outdoor logic make your rear bumper also? I have been working on a design for my titan and it is almost identical to the one you had made. Haha, wish I would have found this thread sooner. If you could let me know who to contact for the rear bumper, I would love to get one fabbed up. Thanks, and your truck looks great! We need to get more Titans on the overland trails!

Did Outdoor logic make your rear bumper also? I have been working on a design for my titan and it is almost identical to the one you had made. Haha, wish I would have found this thread sooner. If you could let me know who to contact for the rear bumper, I would love to get one fabbed up. Thanks, and your truck looks great! We need to get more Titans on the overland trails!

Yes, Outdoor Logic did the rear bumper. Just tell them what you want and they'll make it happen. I like that they are very conscious of matching the lines of the truck. Their stuff looks like it belongs rather than some thing that was tacked on later.

Flip_4_It

Jeff Brown
Yes, Outdoor Logic did the rear bumper. Just tell them what you want and they'll make it happen. I like that they are very conscious of matching the lines of the truck. Their stuff looks like it belongs rather than some thing that was tacked on later.

Thanks! I will be contacting them to get one built. I have have been having a hard time finding a shop that I trusted to do this for me, I was about to purchase the equipment to fab my own. It looks like they do good work.

I've been very busy but finally have a little time and good weather to show some more of my build.

Front Bumper, winch and lights
file-28.jpg

Rear camera
file-30.jpg

Front camera
file-29.jpg

Okay, so the front camera is more of a toy but it could be useful when climbing out of a canyon blind due to the terrain. See below:

View from windshield
file-33.jpg

View from front camera
file-34.jpg

suntinez

Explorer
Bumper came out great! I love this truck.

Which camera/monitor did you use? Is the monitor shared between both cameras? Thanks.

Bumper came out great! I love this truck.

Which camera/monitor did you use? Is the monitor shared between both cameras? Thanks.

Thanks. I kind of love it too. The monitor replaces my stereo head unit and is a Pioneer. The cameras were as recommended by the guys at Al&Eds. I Originally went in to get a small monitor and just a back up camera because it can be hard to determine where my cans are when backing. After chatting about the options, it was clearly a better choice to go with a replacement head unit. One thing led to another and we were talking about adding other cameras. The sales guy was showing me pics of his old rock crawler that had 5 cameras, including several suspension cams. I didn't want all that but the front camera could be handy once or twice a year.

The setup is automatic in reverse in one position, then has a manual override for either front or rear view constant. That way, I can use it as a rear view "mirror" if my truck is packed too much to see out the back at all. Or, if I'm going up a steep incline I can switch it to the front cam and confirm the line I started or see over the top as I get to the top of the hill.

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Great Idea Shruk! Ive been wondering how to make those military H2O cans easier to use. That just might be the ticket! Interested to see how the shower turns out.

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
Great build thread! I recently picked up a '05 Titan 4X4 Crew Cab with Off Road & Big Tow packages. Thanks for all the great ideas. My plan is to Get a Leer shell and build a full exo roof with a basket over the cab. I will be contacting your bumper fab artist for sure. There are a few fabbers doing prerunner style fronts but most are too bulky/heavy for my tastes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles