The other 80

brained

Adventurer
I should point out that my old worm drive Desert Dynamics winch is the same one you can purchase today from the forum sponsor Pierce Winches!

image_service.php

brained

Adventurer
I think it's a great idea. You should consider using some fiberglass rods/strips in the roof to give it a positive arch. They could be sewn in like battens on sail, and then pop into some pockets on the frame.

Hope that makes sense.

It does - there's two existing steel "bows" that hold the shape for the steel top, you can see the front one at the very top edge of the picture:
image_service.php

I was thinking of leaving them but if I cut the middle out of them the remaining portion could be the pocket for a removable rod and I could even raise the roof a few inches too!

brained

Adventurer
Action Shots

Even though undergoing regular work/upgrades Al is a daily driver and weekend warrior:

image_service.php

image_service.php

image_service.php

brained

Adventurer
Anyone know if a healthy SD33T has enough power to pull a 2000lbs boat/trailer combo?

Word over at BinderPlanet is that it will, but not fast.
Which pretty much describes any Scout. They're basically road going tractors.

Storz

Explorer
Word over at BinderPlanet is that it will, but not fast.
Which pretty much describes any Scout. They're basically road going tractors.

Good to know. Seriously thinking about one, either a diesel or V8 of some sort. A friend of mine (MajorPayne on here) actually has a couple of the diesels, I guess we could always try towing the boat with it and see how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior