ARB FJ Cruiser Rear Step Bar

smbisig

Adventurer
UPDATED 5/14/07 - ARB FJ Cruiser Rear Step Bar

5/14/07 - ARB Has updated the design of the Rear FJ Cruiser bumper to allow the use of the the factory back up sensors. For more information, please contact ARB USA @ (425) 264-1391 or Toll Free at (888) 427-2872

Photo below shows the sensors installed

fj_cruiser_back_up_sensor.JPG

For all you FJ Cruiser owners, ARB has released a FJ Cruiser Rear Step Bar.

rear-shot.jpg

close-up.jpg

recovery-point.jpg

bracket.jpg

Features:
- Sturdy Chassis Mounts
- Heavy Gauge Steel Construction
- Anodized Alloy Anti-Slip Step Tread
- HiLift Jack Points on Chassis Mounts
- Standard Heavy Duty Recovery Point
- Chassis Mounts incorporate tie down points
- High Tensile Fasteners Included in Installation Kit
- Standard in Satin Black Powder Coat (Shown Colour Coded)
- Optional Towbar in Development
- Weight 30kg

Note – OEM reverse sensors malfunction in a steel bar so are unable to be reinstalled.

Estimated Street Price of $875. ARB will start taking pre orders Friday April 19th.

Pretty cool uh?

http://www.stevenbisig.com/blog/

Last edited:

FJ Cruiser

Adventurer
I like this one the best out of all the rear bumpers so far. Too bad it won't allow you to keep the factory hitch.

edit: I just read that you also can't run your rear back up sensors...not sure if I'm liking this set up.

Last edited:

Rezarf <><

Explorer
I wonder/bet you could pull that d-ring mount and hard mount a pintel hook in the same spot.

Just a guess, but it can solve your tow hitch problem.

ARB is first class!

Drew

imagodave

Adventurer
Good point, will email ARB for answer.

Dave

Rezarf <>< said:
I wonder/bet you could pull that d-ring mount and hard mount a pintel hook in the same spot.

Just a guess, but it can solve your tow hitch problem.

ARB is first class!

Drew

DBS311

Adventurer
The ARB 6x series rear bumper did look nice, but those that ran them had problems with the bumper ends pushing up into the body (deflecting off an obstacle). You would be better off with something a little more sturdy, but I guess it doesn't matter since ARB stopped making them.

cbmontgo

Observer
DBS311 said:
The ARB 6x series rear bumper did look nice, but those that ran them had problems with the bumper ends pushing up into the body (deflecting off an obstacle). You would be better off with something a little more sturdy, but I guess it doesn't matter since ARB stopped making them.

That is interesting. I wondered what the deal was with those.

smbisig

Adventurer
i believe that arb never made a production run 60 series rear bumper. they made a one-off for the black dakar truck in australia, but nothing that was official.

however, arb did import the kaymar rear 60 series bumper for some time.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
smbisig said:
i believe that arb never made a production run 60 series rear bumper. they made a one-off for the black dakar truck in australia, but nothing that was official.

however, arb did import the kaymar rear 60 series bumper for some time.

I was thinking the same thing... I was trying to rack my brain as to wether or not I had ever seen a ARB 60 rear bar with the exception of the prototype on the ARB Dakar 60. Now I have some clarity :D

As for other ARB Rear Bumpers... TOP NOTCH!!

In the last couple of months, I have had bumper by ARB, Slee, Hannah and 4x4Labs in my hands for either installation or to pass onto a customer. While all are excellent bumpers and top notch construction, the ARB bumpers really have some innovation... and style! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles