help with tall and skinny tire size

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
still doing research on this - any idea as to why the Toyos are almost $50 more (per tire) than the BFGs?
You are paying for the Les Schwab service.
No questions asked hustle at a huge number of retail locations.

SChandler

Adventurer
You are paying for the Les Schwab service.
No questions asked hustle at a huge number of retail locations.

It's not just Les Schwab that charges a premium price for the Toyo's. 4 Wheel Parts, National Tire, everywhere that carries Toyo's, you can expect them to be more expensive. The Toyo name means a premium price. To be fair, they seem to wear really well on heavy trucks and tend to be load range E in sizes that most others are load range D.

alfio

Adventurer
took a long time to decide on this but i'm set: i want 33-9.50s mounted on my factory 15s. of course now that i decided there are apparently none to be had. i wrote bridgestone and they wrote me back saying they have no plans to make any in the near future.:oops:

zukrider

Explorer
Toyo for the win!

i have 33/10.5 KM2's and love them, though im trading them in a couple days for some 35's.

alfio

Adventurer
thanks - that's actually not all that terrible if i only needed four tires but i need five for my truck and two for my new to me m416 trailer so that's not going to work all that well.

beyond the price i'm concerned about going to a size with no future. even if i find a set now, if i were to shred a tire at some point down the road it would be a huge PIA to find replacements...

is there anything else close to 33 x 9.5 x 15? i tried a few tire size calculators but nothing that those are spitting out makes any sense right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior