Fox Coil-overs

wildmed

Hello!
Long time looker, first time poster, you all know the deal....

I just bought a 01 SR5 tacoma with a TRD supercharger and 80k. It is an immaculate garage queen that has never seen a trail, heck, the bed liner does not even have a single scratch. It is one of the best looking trucks I have ever seen in the 2004- body style. Plenty of goodies as well, Fox coilovers up front and ranchos+ lift in the rear, ARB bumper, PIAA lights, Center force Dual friction clutch ect.
The only issue with it is the front fox coilovers... they look like they are leaking oil. They are riding fine still, but the leak concerns me.I really am not familiar with fox truck shocks, or coilovers in general. I do know that I really don't have the $$$ to replace the entire front coil-over system, and that it is the sole means of lift for my front end. So This is my question, Is there a way to replace ONLY the shock in the coilover set up, or to possibly have them rebuilt like you can a fox MTN bike shock? thanks much!

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Hello!

I just bought a 01 SR5 tacoma with a TRD supercharger and 80k. It is an immaculate garage queen that has never seen a trail, heck, the bed liner does not even have a single scratch. It is one of the best looking trucks I have ever seen in the 2004- body style. Plenty of goodies as well, Fox coilovers up front and ranchos+ lift in the rear, ARB bumper, PIAA lights, Center force Dual friction clutch ect.
The only issue with it is the front fox coilovers... they look like they are leaking oil. They are riding fine still, but the leak concerns me.I really am not familiar with fox truck shocks, or coilovers in general. I do know that I really don't have the $$$ to replace the entire front coil-over system, and that it is the sole means of lift for my front end. So This is my question, Is there a way to replace ONLY the shock in the coilover set up, or to possibly have them rebuilt like you can a fox MTN bike shock? thanks much!

Yep, rebuild them and they should be like new. Since your in CO, I'd give Slee Offroad a call.

Lostmanifesto

Traveler
Hello!

Yup, what he said. You can rebuild Fox coilovers completely to new. Call Fox and they will help you find a local shop that can order the parts and rebuild your shocks for you.

wildmed

Thanks guys! I also did a little bit of research and heard that vickory motor sports rebuilds them! So glad I have another option than to drop big $$ on a new setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles