Sure-Fire Ways to Improve Your Roof Top Tent

plh

Explorer
Looks like there is a hinge screwed in-between the tent floor base and the shelf, plus some guide wires or small ropes on the far side or the shelf. Not really sure thou.

cactusjk

Explorer
Now we are getting somewhere. If only the picture was a little clearer. Where did you get the picture? Need the length of the rods and what kind of clamps were used. The article stated 12" for the table legs.

Here is a view from underneath

cactusjk

Explorer
I found the picture on another site. Just need to find those nylon clips used to secure the rods to the mat and maybe some stainless or AL rods that won't rust.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
the clamps look plastic. I'm sure that some stainless p clamps would work. I have some with removable rubber insulators. they're typically used to secure hydraullic hard lines etc.

six sons

Observer
The nylon clamps are cable clamps. For CATV coax, or to match whatever size rod you use. Found in electrical supply dept....
Rods are same length as the mat so when slid out under tent platform they still remain half way across the mat.
The string/wire/cord supports the outside edge of mat.
The other 4 rods seen stored under mat are to set mat up as a table.
I think the nylon are okay for the mat and SS clamps on the tent side.

cactusjk

Explorer
Thanks! Think I am ready for the project!

The nylon clamps are cable clamps. For CATV coax, or to match whatever size rod you use. Found in electrical supply dept....
Rods are same length as the mat so when slid out under tent platform they still remain half way across the mat.
The string/wire/cord supports the outside edge of mat.
The other 4 rods seen stored under mat are to set mat up as a table.

cactusjk

Explorer
Ordered the AJIK utility mat! Josh was great to work with. It will take some time to put it all together. Want to use SS hardware.

JamesDowning

Explorer
This is the light I was looking at getting:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14018_9001.htm

I'm hoping its a bit dimmer than the full 2' bar. I'm considering relocating the 2' LED bar under the rear tailgate for night time cooking.

Here's the light that I ordered. I was considering just zip-tieing the light to the hoop, but once I put it in to see, I don't mind it hanging down on the velcro straps. It definitely is a dimmer light, but will be plenty of output when camping.

20141102161148-c47c6dc0-me.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior