Photos of mid-sized vehicles - Post Here

4x4junkie

Explorer
Don't think I've posted anything here in awhile...

16371523_large.jpg

16371519_large.jpg

16371524_large.jpg

4x4junkie

Explorer
Y'all with the Bronco II's are a crazy bunch! I owned one for a little while and it was a scary handling vehicle. On any kind of slippery road the rear would swap places with the front before you could blink or swear. Offroad that short wheelbase worked in it's favor however and I went many places a stock vehicle should never have gone. Good luck to those driving them and try to keep it rubber side down and headlights forward :)

Haven't had much problem with that myself...

Sounds like yours might've needed better tires or something, replace the worn out shocks, etc. (or if it was lifted, fixed your steering linkage angle properly). Sure, it ain't like a long F-350 or a Suburban would be, but I don't think any similar-wheelbase vehicle is, really.

It does do exceptionally well offroad though no doubt in part due to it's wheelbase.

Last edited:

Teck

Been lurking a while, might as well make a post.

1994 GMC sonoma

In its currant state.
IMAG0536.jpg

IMAG0525.jpg

Still working towards making it more complete.

Its sure has been a while, She grew up a little since then. Saddly all i have is a drive way shot rightnow

super04duty

Observer
Don't think I've posted anything here in awhile...

16371523_large.jpg

16371519_large.jpg

16371524_large.jpg

I noticed you're from SoCal. Im new to the area myself. Where were these pictures taken?.. some of it looks like a bit much for my truck (04 F350 CCLB with 4" of lift).. but I am just starting to build it up for off road camping and looking for some easy-ish places to go get our feet wet.

4x4junkie

Explorer
I noticed you're from SoCal. Im new to the area myself. Where were these pictures taken?.. some of it looks like a bit much for my truck (04 F350 CCLB with 4" of lift).. but I am just starting to build it up for off road camping and looking for some easy-ish places to go get our feet wet.

That was Cerro Gordo Road (Inyo Mtns. a little west of Death Valley) leading down from the old town of Cerro Gordo to Lee Flat/Saline Valley after the summer 2013 rains rearranged the road a bit. I'll bet they've probably taken a road grader through there by now though, as I understand that trail was pretty smooth before the rains.
The top pic was west of the salt tramway up on that same ridge (near the Burgess mine) and requires traversing a narrow shelf road and some fairly steep switchbacks to get to it (I wouldn't recommend it in your F-350 at least until you have some experience and know your truck's capabilities better).

If you're looking for places to go, DV and many of the surrounding areas is certainly a great place to start. Lots of trail opportunities for your F-350 ranging from easy to what I'd call moderate (though others in unmodified rigs might call them 'extreme'... this is simply a matter of perspective :) ). There is lots of old mining history to check out in the area too.

super04duty

Observer
That was Cerro Gordo Road (Inyo Mtns. a little west of Death Valley) leading down from the old town of Cerro Gordo to Lee Flat/Saline Valley after the summer 2013 rains rearranged the road a bit. I'll bet they've probably taken a road grader through there by now though, as I understand that trail was pretty smooth before the rains.
The top pic was west of the salt tramway up on that same ridge (near the Burgess mine) and requires traversing a narrow shelf road and some fairly steep switchbacks to get to it (I wouldn't recommend it in your F-350 at least until you have some experience and know your truck's capabilities better).

If you're looking for places to go, DV and many of the surrounding areas is certainly a great place to start. Lots of trail opportunities for your F-350 ranging from easy to what I'd call moderate (though others in unmodified rigs might call them 'extreme'... this is simply a matter of perspective :) ). There is lots of old mining history to check out in the area too.

Good to know. Im very excited to get out and get started with this. I haven't been camping in years, and the fiancé hasn't really been camping much at all. Ive had my truck since it was almost new, but really haven't done much than driving around on dairies and farm fields, so 4wd experience is limited. So far, its just her and I, since we don't know anyone down here to go with yet. Need to take baby steps and start out with improved camp grounds with flush toilets for her. lol.. maybe by then, we will get to know some others, and Ill get a new CB for the truck, since Im sure cell service isn't great in the middle of the desert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne