Photos of mid-sized vehicles - Post Here

opie

Explorer
05 Colorado here....

P1010374.jpg

opie

Explorer
I'm surprised there arent more Colorado's.

There are a few on ExPo. NorthernExplorer is probably the one here whos done the most to his.

Nice colorado, opie!

Thanks. Its pretty stock other than 7 turns on the TB and an AAL in the rear. Its served me well and has held up pretty well. I think the abuse Ive put it through is starting to show. The cab creaks quite a bit now at joints and where the doors come together. I think the bed mounts are getting worn due to the increased capacity from the AAL. It did stiffen up the ride a bit. But all in all its been OK.

Project510

Adventurer
Im sure there are few mid sized ppl on here, and the ones that are pretty much ost in the Make specific sections..

1175000614_EoPLt-XL.jpg

1141135939_iVAuU-XL.jpg

857951464_ynrQa-XL.jpg

Nice Colorado opie, how is the mileage on that?

opie

Explorer
Nice Colorado opie, how is the mileage on that?

Sucks. It the biggest disappointment I have with the truck. I specifically bought it because at the time it's advertised mileage was better than a full-size. The best numbers I can get are 12 in the city and 19 highway. 3.5 I5, 3.73 gears and 31 10.5 15 tires.

tbared

Life participant
Heres the Dak mainly a long haul and for bird hunting, 5.9l. auto with all the monitors and a 25k tranny cooler. on the block right now, just upgraded, but 160k and counting

Attachments

• 5384107285_4367d9a5f6.jpg
    5384107285_4367d9a5f6.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 267

herm

Adventurer
Sucks. It the biggest disappointment I have with the truck. I specifically bought it because at the time it's advertised mileage was better than a full-size. The best numbers I can get are 12 in the city and 19 highway. 3.5 I5, 3.73 gears and 31 10.5 15 tires.

12? sounds like there is somthing wrong with it. i get better in my full size gmc. a re-gear may be in order for the tall tires.

Jakes01234

Explorer

something seems funny with that... is the speedo calibrated to the tire size? that could mess with some MPG figuring.. I had a four cylinder reg cab and drove from Ma to Indianapolis with 1200 lbs in the back and got 23 mpg down there and with it empty i got 28 ofcourse thats alot of flat highway and normal driving speeds im no speed demon like some folks..

opie

Explorer
12? sounds like there is somthing wrong with it. i get better in my full size gmc. a re-gear may be in order for the tall tires.

something seems funny with that... is the speedo calibrated to the tire size? that could mess with some MPG figuring.. I had a four cylinder reg cab and drove from Ma to Indianapolis with 1200 lbs in the back and got 23 mpg down there and with it empty i got 28 ofcourse thats alot of flat highway and normal driving speeds im no speed demon like some folks..

Nothing wrong with it. I keep up on the maint. pretty religiously. Just turned over 50,000 and did all the fluids, plugs, air filter etc. Added a block heater because I thought maybe I was spending to much time in open loop. No difference. In fact, just had it in the shop for a P303. Thought maybe it was time to do the head. It was just the plugs and they werent that old and looked great. But it tripped a misfire on cylinder 3.

The tires are no taller than the 265 75 15 that come standard on the Z71.

My mileage numbers come from the scangauge. Ive set it to adjust for the tires since the PCM is calibrated for 235 75 15. Its spot on using a GPS to match speed.

In all fairness, My regular commute is short, 3 miles each way. But even if I drive it around town all day giving it ample time to reach temp and stay there... Rarely do I get above 13mpg. The best mileage Ive gotten on the highway was during the UPOverland 2008 trip. 1300 miles in 5 days and I did not factor in the miles I spent off the highway. Best I got, IIRC, was 19.4. Thats staying at 70 on the highway.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
... The best numbers I can get are 12 in the city and 19 highway. 3.5 I5, 3.73 gears and 31 10.5 15 tires.
Saddled with ethanol fuel? Your mileage sounds about right running that "stuff".
In Oregon 10% ethanol is mandated. That is just over a 10% reduction in fuel economy.
I am working hard to get 12-14 mpg in my truck.

Last edited:

cowboy63645

Adventurer
Here is my 2003 Dakota. Has the 3.9 V6, auto, 3.55 gears and stock tires for now. It has changed some since this picture though. I have sprayed bedliner on the rockers and fender flares, added a toolbox, and will be soon upgrading the diff's to 4.10's and a rear limited slip, as well as stepping up to a 265/75/16 tire. It also has a grill guard and a set of 100 watt KC lights on it.

SL731551-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarCaveUSA