Photos of mid-sized vehicles - Post Here

Drjames

I like to think it would keep up with most of the subarus out there! Its got 4x and drives like a car on the highway. Now just for the kitchen slide out and pressurized on-board water

Crazy Schooner

Fortune's A Mistress
IMG_2419-X2.jpg

TheFutur

Adventurer
Light duty but It gets me and my gear where we need! 2001 Ford Escape 4x4. More capable than you would think! View attachment 376787

YA5WROO.webp

wLXM2MP.webp

93RKVZF.jpg

dw4s3Gj.webp

This was my old rig. 2002 v6 xlt 4x4. Took me all over British Columbia towing that trailer with surprising ease. Had a few issues with it and the lack of low range was a deal breaker so now I drive a 2001 4x4 ranger.

mjIoUbB.jpg

^ i have since added a 12" single row light bar between the 2 rigids and i installed some cheapy amazon back up lights. Other than that thats a recent photo.

kcdak4x4

We have decided to do a little re purposing of my Work/hunting/ Go to Field trial truck! 2000 4.7v8 Dodge dakota FT 4X4 with locking NP242 transfer case W/2.71 gear ratio. Factory 3.55 diff. ratio's
A little work and equipment addition is this years task. We currently have a little Burro Camper to help the effort along.
So far i just maximized the tire size without a lift addition from 235X75r15's to a 32x11.50r15" tire size! next is a rear locker addition. probably a Torsen unit. or spartan rear locker not sure yet. then maybe lift a couple of inches. but probably not needed. Just an upgraded rear suspension spring/ shock combo. Currently just 9.2 inches ground clearance at the Diff. with the 32 inch tall tires

Attachments

• red Dak.jpg
    red Dak.jpg
    553.9 KB · Views: 67
  • Copy of 1028161403_HDR-1.jpg
    Copy of 1028161403_HDR-1.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 1226161336_HDR-1-1-1-3.jpg
    1226161336_HDR-1-1-1-3.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Triplesnake

Adventurer
I have an S10 Blazer that I keep as a beater on my hunting lease. I bought it for $800 off of CL with what sounded like a bad engine bearing. My plan was to just drive it until it quits and then maybe drop a junkyard motor in it or just sell it for scrap. That was over 4 years ago! I cranked the T-bars, put blocks in the rear, slapped on some no-name A/T tires and proceeded to beat the crap out of it. The whole idea was to spend as little money as possible and just use it up, saving the wear and tear on my Titan. I've never been a Chevy guy, but this little thing has really impressed me! We've put it through some hard work hauling stuff around some tough terrain on the property, teaching my son how to drive, and generally driving like an idiot. In those 4 years I've only stuck it three times. Twice was between Xmas and new year's after we'd had a bunch of rain. It is starting to show the effects of my abuse, so I plan to bring it home this spring and do some fixing up on it. It needs front end work, and I'll probably go ahead and drop a junkyard motor and tranny in it.

blazerinthecreek.jpgblazerinthemud.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles