Photos of mid-sized vehicles - Post Here

DT75FLH

Adventurer
This is sad news, such a capable truck that fills a void in the market. What did you replace it with?

i was very very tempted to get another power wagon as they had a great deal on a left over 2018 on the lot...but got a deal in a 2019 ram rebel...I did consider a Tacoma, but ive had a few toyotas and cant believe what they want for a tacoma which is way behind in the tech..Interior was meh. i did not want to risk a first year ranger...

so once i decided full size i looked at the power wagon. ..but i drive to much highway , and was not looking forward to 11 to 12 mpg..

the new rebel has a rear e-locker, 33in tires, bilsteins, some skid plates, and 5 in less wheelbase than the power wagon, and the new cab is huge ...its getting 15 mpg which is less than the zr2 but with 2500 in rebates, and 7k off sticker that pays for alot of fuel.

Last edited:

DT75FLH

Adventurer
just heard back from chevy, they have declined to repair the truck, due to my offroad trailer not having brakes and being 100 lbs over the 2k weight limit for trailer brakes per the manual. (even though i was driving 25 mph and up hill). And due to the fact that i have 1in taller tires. soo..no they dont stand behind there product, and after wasting 6 weeks of my time, i just started the claim process with my insurance. unbelievable

Littlehouse

Adventurer
just heard back from chevy, they have declined to repair the truck, due to my offroad trailer not having brakes and being 100 lbs over the 2k weight limit for trailer brakes per the manual. (even though i was driving 25 mph and up hill). And due to the fact that i have 1in taller tires. soo..no they dont stand behind there product, and after wasting 6 weeks of my time, i just started the claim process with my insurance. unbelievable
WOW. Always something in the fine print to cover their asses. So a trailer between 2k and 5k lbs without brakes will fold the truck in half.... noted. Not sure how larger than stock tires contributes to a frame bending, but maybe an engineer will come and explain...

Explorerinil

Observer
There’s no way 100 extra lbs and no trailer brakes did that. GM screwed me on a Denali HD duramax I briefly had, 9 trips to the dealer for the same repair and they couldn’t figure it out.

This story really has soured me on the zr2... I won’t buy one ever because of this.

DT75FLH

Adventurer
yes, im done with chevy products after this....and VW on a previous jetta..

plus the run around from chevy...it went through 4 separate people, and they gave me 2 different claim numbers..

I was shocked to say the least., there is a big thread on the tacoma forum of the tacoma vs the zr2. I think ill post. my experience over there also

Explorerinil

Observer
yes, im done with chevy products after this....and VW on a previous jetta..

plus the run around from chevy...it went through 4 separate people, and they gave me 2 different claim numbers..

I was shocked to say the least., there is a big thread on the tacoma forum of the tacoma vs the zr2. I think ill post. my experience over there also
I think if I go to a small truck in a few years it will be a Tacoma, ow the zr2 is not an option.

Baldazzer

Wow! That’s not good at all, I was thinking about downsizing to a zr2 for my next vehicle, but with that pic I definitely won’t consider that truck anymore.

You can find defects with any vehicle. I wouldn’t rule one out due to one instance of failure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baldazzer

Your right, but that’s serious and the manufacture did not stand by their product.

According to one person’s story. Do you know how objective the person is being?. You will find similar stories of disgruntled customers for any manufacturer and vehicle.

DT75FLH

Adventurer
According to one person’s story. Do you know how objective the person is being?. You will find similar stories of disgruntled customers for any manufacturer and vehicle.

google the road i was on, it crosses a wash numerous times, with 2 way traffic, and is about 12 ft wide inside a canyon..you cannot travel fast on the road, and it was up hill.

I also have some experince driving off road, and in 35 years of driving i have owned numerous 4x4 vehicles and off road veh. I have assisted in some we-rock evts, drove a chase truck for a baja 500 event, and I have owned a hard core rock crawler and have done all the trails in moab, also las cruces.

im done with all that, and have a turbo rzr for when i want to drive fast in the desert. I am back into the scenic drives and camping now.

I cannot understand what happened. i hit a dip in the road hard enough i though i better stop and check the trailer..I did NOT expect the the truck to have any issues and was shocked when i saw the bed....My buddy who was behind me(he is 70 by the way) was shocked also...i have hit harder bumps before.

Baldazzer

google the road i was on, it crosses a wash numerous times, with 2 way traffic, and is about 12 ft wide inside a canyon..you cannot travel fast on the road, and it was up hill.

I also have some experince driving off road, and in 35 years of driving i have owned numerous 4x4 vehicles and off road veh. I have assisted in some we-rock evts, drove a chase truck for a baja 500 event, and I have owned a hard core rock crawler and have done all the trails in moab, also las cruces.

im done with all that, and have a turbo rzr for when i want to drive fast in the desert. I am back into the scenic drives and camping now.

I cannot understand what happened. i hit a dip in the road hard enough i though i better stop and check the trailer..I did NOT expect the the truck to have any issues and was shocked when i saw the bed....My buddy who was behind me(he is 70 by the way) was shocked also...i have hit harder bumps before.

So you were over the trailer weight limit and running larger than OE tires. Was your tongue weight in spec? I’m not surprised that your warranty claim was rejected. Those maximum limits are set for a reason. You chose to play outside the design limits of the vehicle, and you are now paying the price. I don’t see GM’s fault in this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste