Photos of mid-sized vehicles - Post Here

Cyph86

2000 Chevy Blazer dr 4x2

Hi guys! I love wheeling and I love camping so what better way to do both than overlanding right? Well I'm really new to the wheeling thing and I love my little Blazer. I know a 4x2 isn't the best choice for this type of rig but she has been surprisingly capable. Another hindrance to my plans is the fact that i have a shoe string budget. I have been able to get some All terrains which help tremendously.
10304877_10202730847725791_1895984953370745833_n.jpg
10320614_10202730233790443_5215183614978658031_n.jpg

I also built a very basic cargo box for tools and equipment.
20131130_102457.jpg
20131213_140245.jpg

Some things i want desperately before I attempt a multi-day trip in her. A cargo rack being the easiest and cheapest to acquire and install.
I have been trying and failing to find a off road rear bumper built for my truck. I don't want much. Just a solid bumper with some anchor points and a receiver hitch built in. Being that my truck is 4x2 i will need anchor points to get yanked out of a predicament i may get stuck in.
My future plans are to get a receiver hitch on the front end too and to use a winch that i can mount on the front or rear to haul my *** out myself.
I will also purchase a air locker at some point but so far i cant justify that expense. They seem to run about a grand from what i can tell and a winch would be a lot more useful.

Now Before you guys start ranting and raving saying just buy a 4x4 and go from there i can do without those comments. I know that my little truck will never be able to do the same things as a 4x4 I will just keep my girl thanks. But, if you have any helpful suggestions i would love to hear them! I'm totally ok with constructive criticism.

I know there are a ton of s10 blazer guys here so any link to parts and such would be appreciated. Im not afraid to do some work myself but i have very limited experience so if it requires specialty tools or doesn't have some directions i probably wont mess with it for now. Any way just wanted to say hello and hope to have some adventure pics and possibly see some of you guys out there.
-Travis from So-cal.

mike_k

This is my first season with my second overland rig. Until November this 1999 Dodge Durango with 140K miles was my wife's DD. Now it is being slowly converted to my expedition rig. My former overlander was a Nissan Xterra, and I'm loving the power of the larger 5.9L v8 (with larger gas tank so range is a wash), the creature comforts like the full leather and sunroof, the extra space and third row seating, and the factory rear LSD. With the exception of the rack I already installed, "Christine" will stay mostly stock; however, future mods will include communication upgrades, M/T tires (but the A/T's have less than 5K on them so it may be a while), sliders, and a modest lift.

Love the spare tire carrier! Any info on it?

Cyph86

Been browsing and thought i should make a post with some pics of my dakota.
My back seat setup. have an axe, fishing pole, shovel, 6gal water tank, and a fire extinguisher.
View attachment 222820
View attachment 222821
I love that organizer for your recovery gear on the half door! And Fire extinguisher is a must. I would hate for a hot Cat to turn a forest into a pile of ash. I just gott figure a place to mount mine outta the way but readily accessible.

rkj__

Adventurer
IMG_0695_6_7_tonemapped_zpsd86fd9d6.jpg

rparker762

Observer
This was my Jeep just before I sold her. I miss it. Now drive an 03 Ram with a Hemi. Nice truck and surprised at what it can handle but I'm on the verge of selling and getting another XJ.

3" Spacer in front/block in rear, 31x 10.50 tires, 6 Hella driving lights, homemade rack...

deerkiller

Less than stock 99' Blazer. Front axle won't engage, needs shocks/lift, tires and lockers. So far though, I've had some fun on my most recent (short) trip. 400 miles round trip, took the backroads though. Eastern Nebraska isn't exactly the best place for camping/exploring/offroading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94