Photos of mid-sized vehicles - Post Here

Jim Oaks

Observer
rar11.JPG

I'm still looking for one of these Roll-A-Longs:

http://www.therangerstation.com/Magazine/winter2011/roll-a-long.htm

It's like a Sportsmobile and a Ford pickup gave birth to a Ranger.

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Have you done a writeup of your side mirrors conversion? Looks great.

Thanks. I did not. It's just a bit of template making, measuring, drilling. If you want to do it, I can see if a buddy happened to take any pics of his and pm you with them. Do you have an Astro, or?

I wish I'd have done this mod 6 yrs ago when I first did the van. The other day we hit trails end and had to back down a snowy shelf road and I got the big picture out of the top mirrors, and could see exactly where my tires were out of the bottom mirrors.

Another example, I wanted to see how my buddy was doing behind me on a tight, boulders corner of Fortune Creek Trail in his E-350 Sportsmobile. His cb radio was out, but I had a full view of his van in each mirror and could see he did not need me to spot him.

Totally helps with the blind spot on the freeway when moving right.

Last edited:

arlon

Adventurer
Another "van fan"... Basically stock AWD Astro but it came with 3.73 gears and the G80 locker. Added a lift, better tires ("E" BFG AT/KO) and over night interior. Perfect for the kind of places I visit (pretty tame out here).

large.jpg

large.jpg

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Another "van fan"... Basically stock AWD Astro but it came with 3.73 gears and the G80 locker. Added a lift, better tires ("E" BFG AT/KO) and over night interior. Perfect for the kind of places I visit

Keeping the van, selling the Extera?

Demo1986

Observer
My 02 Sport Trac 4x4. It's currently 2wd until I can afford to get custom cv axles made.
deze2a8a.jpg

u9y8y7yv.jpg

uda8y2y5.jpg

jedyvute.jpg

Last edited:

BlazerBoy

Now seeing a few s10s and blazers I figure I should post mine up. I'm usually a looker rather than poster here on ExPo and have gained a ton of new ideas from this forum so I thank everyone for that! Not many little Blazers out there exploring so I'm few in my breed with no aftermarket for parts and limited ability for fabrication, I think I do quite well for a teenager!

The last photo was one of my fantastic senior photos from high school a few months ago!

Demo1986

Observer
Yes, it's the DBR kit on fox coilovers. Vegas Desert Fab bought it from Aaron Dixon and are now selling the kit. There are working on axles now so I'm hoping to finally be 4wd soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles