Conqueror Trailer Lights Wiring

red_5

Adventurer
On our Compact, as delivered with the original plug I faced some "challenges" with the wiring. What I ended up doing was to remove the original plug and about 2 feet of the original wire harness, add a waterproof junction box to the frame rail under the nose box and trace each trailer circuit with a probe tester and label it as I wired it into the box.

Our trailer had just brake/tail on the brake/tail, with the turns on a separate circuit to the smaller amber lights. This was giving me a headache with wiring the flat 7-way connector properly so I combined the brake/turn signals to conform to USA wiring standards and rewired the smaller lights as backup lights using the correct circuit on the 7-way and a couple of clear LED lights.

Once I got the basics sorted out, I added the charge and brake circuits and ran wired up a "pigtail" with the trailer connector on it from the junction box to the front of the trailer.

Overall, it wasn't particularly difficult but I did need to go slow and think about what I was doing to make sense of the original wiring.

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
That sounds like a great plan I thought about the same thing, changing the lights in back to LED and coverting the ambers to clear for back ups and run a bypass switch to them in case I want to light up my camp sight once in place. What junction box did you use? Are those lights and rubber grommets standard size? Do you remember what size clear ones you bought?
Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior