Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Beetle Off Road camper build

Great thread. Wish I had a buck for everyone I cut up! Would be at least enough for a good steak dinner and a movie!!

I love the satellite on the roof rails!

Must have a killer media install.

Quote Originally Posted by shnez View Post

I love the satellite on the roof rails!

Must have a killer media install.
    Now that's funny.... It could come in handy with a long time spent out in the middle of no where.

172588512kyetur_fs.jpg172588988XurwyF_fs.jpg
    Makes me miss my old baja. Looking forward to following your build.

I'm thinking roof top tent with a couple steps up the back in conjunction with the cooler rack.

There's yer 2 story bug!

Any update on this? have been creeping on this build for a while.

I just came across this build, can't wait to see how it turns out. I have a couple V-dubs too. 65 and 73 baja.

This one I have beat to hell, it's been all over the mountains and desserts of socal. Its always got me where I wanted to go and back.

Looks good so far.... Good luck with the rest of your build. Keep us posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightRider View Post
    I just came across this build, can't wait to see how it turns out. I have a couple V-dubs too. 65 and 73 baja.

This one I have beat to hell, it's been all over the mountains and desserts of socal. Its always got me where I wanted to go and back.

Looks good so far.... Good luck with the rest of your build. Keep us posted.
    your baja isexactly the mental image i have in mine to go through mexico/central america with. with the exception of a custom roof rack for a roof top tent, or platform for a 1 man tent.

293051_777303016565_1209385465_n (1).jpg

Some more beetle themed inspiration... get out there!

Quote Originally Posted by sixbennetts View Post
    I'm thinking roof top tent with a couple steps up the back in conjunction with the cooler rack.

There's yer 2 story bug!
    I took a bug body off one pan to use it and had to dispose of it, so I put it on top of my other bug as the heater tubes fit in the rain gutters. I tied it off front and rear and drove it off to the salvage yard. A couple in an MG began following me, passing me and taking pricutes. I soon saw my picture in the newspaper with all kinds of captions. Maybe he has a large family and needed a double decker, etc. So, yes you can have a two story bug.....LOL

Best thing about the baja is that if you don't have a full tank of gas and you get stuck, you can get out and just lift the front end and point it in another direction and take off! I miss my old bugs as well, pure fun!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast