What's new at Coyote RV/Phoenix Pop up?

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
raptor pop up

Truck Camper Magazine has a spread on the Raptor with Phoenix pop-up.

Thank you for telling about that. We are really excited about the great feedback we have seen about our Raptor Pop ups! Looking forward to building lots more in the near future too!

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Phoenix Pop up at Overland Expo 2011

exposhow033.jpg

We are back now from Overland Expo, and it was a big hit all around.

I have never seen so many Overland ready rigs in one place in my whole life!!

It was so fun to get out and talk with all of you great folks who live for adventure, and still find the time to teach and tell about what it takes to do it.

All the hard working and dedicated people who organize, build, and run this event are amazing. Here is the kick off meeting the first morning of the show.
exposhow005.jpg

Some of the most eye catching displays that we could see as we walked around.

Sportsmobile's nice display, very impressive
exposhow006.jpg

A really cool production turn-key off-road racing car
exposhow008.jpg

Our neighbors, cooking great smelling food all day, with great little kids, and super friendly!
exposhow007.jpg

A playmate for Lil' Z perhaps?
exposhow015.jpg

Very early pop top concept, I think it's called "durno" or something? Very good idea and workmanship.
exposhow020.jpg

The ever-popular JK PULSE, people taking turns climbing up and down into this one all day long!
smallexpo1.jpg

Our little "home away from home" for the last week or so. Loved living in one of our Phoenix pop ups for a while, finally! We chose for our 1997 Chevy 1500, a short bed model with custom extra low profile, custom cab over length, full size bed with under bed storage and push button inflatable air bed, hot water, shower, cassette toilet, carefree awning, stereo, and dvd player. It was very fun to live in... cozy!
exposhow003.jpg

One of the Turtle Expedition versions, one just like my Dad built them in the eighties.
exposhow021.jpg

And some nice Australian folks who travel extensively in their Provan Tiger, also built by my Dad, so that makes examples of three or our Family endevours showing together in one place... Good job Dad!!
exposhow022.jpg

And my very favorite display of the Expo.... This wonderful couple from Spain has been travelling the entire world for like 11 years so far, and luckily for us, decided to stop and share their story with us at the Expo. We shared Mermosas with them on the last morning and talked for a long time about the similarity between a long trip, and one's life. Painted on their van window... "Keep it simple, you'll go a lot farther that way"
exposhow037.jpg

smallspain.jpg

herm

Adventurer
we saw the people from spain in Zion a couple weeks ago. very neat truck, we did not get to meet them as we were just driving through and they must have been hiking the trail head they were parked at.

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Wow--great shots!

I believe the 'Rover conversion is a Dormobile. http://www.dormobile.co.uk/

It's great to see the Turtle IV. I have a poster of the turtle III in the garage. I think they both used the same camper--just different trucks.

Wow--your family is mighty instrumental in the camper world!

Eric

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Turtle III by the ORIGINAL family!

Wow--great shots!

I believe the 'Rover conversion is a Dormobile. http://www.dormobile.co.uk/

It's great to see the Turtle IV. I have a poster of the turtle III in the garage. I think they both used the same camper--just different trucks.

Wow--your family is mighty instrumental in the camper world!

Eric

That is so cool! The Turtle III was built by my Dad's crew right when I first started working with him at his 4 Wheel Camper factory in Lakewood Co!

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Wow--mighty impressive.

I remember the Provan showroom off highway 36. I didn't realize your Dad built those as well.

Whoa--I guess that IS the Turtle III. Those aluminum wheels threw me off. I thought the Wescotts only had one 4-wheel camper (before the Dakota weekender) that was tranferred from the III to the IV. Did it end up back on the III? Maybe they did go through two of them. Maybe it's a secret reproduction. Hmmmm...

(Way too much free time here)

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Wow--mighty impressive.

I remember the Provan showroom off highway 36. I didn't realize your Dad built those as well.

Whoa--I guess that IS the Turtle III. Those aluminum wheels threw me off. I thought the Wescotts only had one 4-wheel camper (before the Dakota weekender) that was tranferred from the III to the IV. Did it end up back on the III? Maybe they did go through two of them. Maybe it's a secret reproduction. Hmmmm...

(Way too much free time here)

Tanglefoot,

Thanks for the compliments. Very appreciated.

I like your truck/camper combo. Is that a "four seasons" "lite craft" or "mile hi" brand? Or am I way off?

greg mgm

Explorer
Off road camperguy- Awesome pics! Sure wish I could have been there!
Your temp home looks super awesome. Very classy with the fiberglass siding.

What is the car (4th pic I think) that is the turn key production car you mentioned? Never seen anything like that. Also, is that Turtle Expedition vehicle owned by the Wescotts or was it sold? I'd think if it was the Wescotts they'd be in the Turtle V.

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Tanglefoot,

Thanks for the compliments. Very appreciated.

I like your truck/camper combo. Is that a "four seasons" "lite craft" or "mile hi" brand? Or am I way off?

Ooops, my bad. I'm a ding dong. I forgot to look at your profile equipment list that says that you have a 4 seasons on a 4 runner, so scratch that question. But, did you really fit a 4 seasons slide in onto your Runner? I'm sure you've already answered this for many other people probably. If so, could you direct me to the thread so you won't have to repeat yourself. I am curious because I have custom fit a number of those first gen Runners with walk through conversions.

Anyway, thanks for the great conversation.

Robby

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Off road camperguy- Awesome pics! Sure wish I could have been there!
Your temp home looks super awesome. Very classy with the fiberglass siding.

What is the car (4th pic I think) that is the turn key production car you mentioned? Never seen anything like that. Also, is that Turtle Expedition vehicle owned by the Wescotts or was it sold? I'd think if it was the Wescotts they'd be in the Turtle V.

Thanks for the compliments on our home away from home Overland Expo Camper!

The turn key off-roading car I think is called the "rally fighter" by Local Motors... It is described here in this article link:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/05/local-motors-rally-fighter-off-the-beaten-path/

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
Hi Robby,

Good eye on the camper ID. I picked it up from a guy near I-70 and Pena two years ago--he was clearing out for a divorce and he said he was going to dump it if he couldn't sell it. It was pretty dirty but solid. I just put a new, little water pump in yesterday with a pressure sensor--that's sure going to spoil me! Here's a sort of build thread:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36492&highlight=surf+roamer

Do you have pics of the 4runner pass-through campers? I originally had a pass-through in mind but now I'm glad it has a front wall. One of our dogs has terrible car manners (barks at cars, walks all over the driver, paws on the dash...) so it's nice to close the front camper window and have the cab to ourselves. The pups just lie on the couch and look out the side window or heckle the people behind us through the back door window.

Eric

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke