What's new at Coyote RV/Phoenix Pop up?

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Tundra Pop up

Tundra Phoenix Pop up!

There are three new units, we installed in the last week. I will post pix and info on those in a few days. My camera is with the delivery driver, on his way back from Northern Montana.

In the mean time, I don't recall posting much info on one of our favorites... the Tundra Pop up. So, here's one of our most popular units.

These are available custom made your way, for ANY YEAR/MODEL TUNDRA OR T100, from 5' to 10' floor length, any cab over length, and regular or low profile.

2006 Tundra Pop up
06tundrablue2.jpg

2010 Tundra Phoenix Pop up
110.jpg

Phoenix Low profile Pop up Tundra
P1020048.jpg

8' Tundra Phoeneix Pop up
campersanddaniels019.jpg

Tundra Crewmax with Phoenix Deluxe Self Contained Pop up
crewmaxwith8sm.jpg

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
New Phoenix Pop ups!

Okay, it's been a little while since I posted new unit installations. Sorry about that, it's been a crazy few months around here. Now, three in one week hit the road. As you all know, no two Phoenix Pop ups are exactly alike, and that's what makes it fun. So I will post a little explaination of some ot the unique features in the pictures, and maybe why the customer asked for them.

The first one out is a nice simple basic shell, for first gen Tacoma. I think we'll sell lots more of these when we abreviate the name to "Taco Shell."

Interior before the top goes on, shows big access lids to all four corners of the truck bed for outside storage. Also, this unit has the full under bed storage, extra driver's side window, and auxiliary battery options.
003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003.jpg

The next day, our nice customer from Bullhead Arizona showed up, after waiting 3 months for the snow to stop falling in our mountains. Finally, his custom 97" utility bed Chevy camper gets to hit the road, but not without a few monor tweeks to make sure it fits just right, and the tailgate can close (as custom requested)
007-1.jpg

008.jpg

With an extra wide body to clear the big utility boxes, we had to actually wrap the cab over inward 6" in order to keep the tip sized right for looks with the normal Chevy cab, and to fit our exclusive molded Aerodynamic cab over cap.
010-3.jpg

The jacks clear the utility boxes by just enough...
009-1.jpg

Finally, on the third day, our driver/friend Ryan took off to the north with a beautiful 10' custom Phoenix, loaded with goodies and custom made to fit a rare 8' Toyota Tundra. The customer ordered from his home in BC Canada, and arranged to have us deliver the camper to Kalispell Montana.

Here they are loading the camper in the parking lot of a "Western Sizzler" in Kalispell, Northern Montana. First time we've had these series photos of driving under the camper.
018.jpg

019-1.jpg

021.jpg

025-1.jpg

028.jpg

Tundra Long Bed Pop up!
029-1.jpg

035.jpg

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Very cool, thanks for the updates/pics.

I just hope I can send some business your way in the next year or so.

Jack

DKB2GO

Observer
I really like the extra-wide camper on top of the utility bed! Fantastic!

+1 That's such a smart way to utilize what is wasted space.

If I ever opt to go the truck camper route, this is the setup type I'd use. :coffeedrink:

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
The music of Alex Paquin/Dear Parasite

029-1.jpg

One of our really great customers (owner of "The Elvis Wong Special Edition" 10' custom Phoenix Pop up on a long bed Tundra) has made a killer music album. You WILL be hearing a LOT of this young man as he rises to fame. Alex was so kind as to mention us in his web site. This guy makes his home in beautiful British Columbia CANADA, and is a true lover of the great outdoors!!

Please click her to visit his web site and listen to his music. Don't forget to run through the Photo Slide Show.... Awesome!!

http://www.alexlive2play.com/

Oh, and please do send your comments. Alex will appreciate it very much.

Enjoy!

herm

Adventurer
would you consider building a custom hard side camper? i have the preliminary design elements sketched in sketch-up it is not a full height cab over and would probably be a simple build for your team. I would love to visit your facility at some point also.

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
We custom build hard sides too!

would you consider building a custom hard side camper? i have the preliminary design elements sketched in sketch-up it is not a full height cab over and would probably be a simple build for your team. I would love to visit your facility at some point also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is mine. I love it. It has been to Bryce, Zion, Yellowstone, Kanab UT, a few highway trips to Michigan. and all over the place around here. We esp. like looking for the ghost towns of the coal mines. We have also run across vents for the underground coal fires. Going to upgrade the stock tires when these are wore out. This will increase my capability quite a bit, but we have only ever gotten stuck once, in about 2 feet of wet snow. nearly 19000 miles in a year and 3 months, and i drive my work truck quite a bit of the time at home.

Hi Herm,

We sure can build you a custom hard side! They used to build your Mitchell Fishing Hut right here in our town, just a few blocks away from us here in Commerce City Co.... Great little camper! There's more to this design than meets the eye though. Upon a close look, you can see how the side walls angle in toward the top then radius at the roof line, then there is the angled and elevated center roof section to give you pretty good headroom in the isle between the side beds. That being said, we would be happy to build you a new one!

Before I can work up an exact price and time quote, I will need to know answers to the following:

1. Do you want the body style like the Michell, or are you looking for
something just basically square, simple, and less expensive?

2. Are we mounting it on the same Chevy truck shown in your picture?

3. What floor length do you want in inches?

4. Other than beds down both sides, are there any other features or
equipment you would like us to put into your camper... furnace,
stove, sink, power converter, battery system, roof vent, power
vent, loading jacks, etc... ??

5. Our earliest finish slot available for a new order today would be mid
August, and some folks have put in their orders for later in the
year. The earlier you get us started, the better we can accomodate
your requested finish date. Not a question, just some useful info.

I look forward to your answers to these questions, so we can get to work for you!

Thanks, Talk soon,

Rob

herm

Adventurer

I am looking for something like the Mitchell, it gives great headroom and keeps the cross section area down, We are looking to improve on its design and modernize a bit. there is barely enough storage for 2 peoples things, and we bring a cat too.

yes, I am working on a dimensionally correct model

the sleeping benches on each side need to be about 80 inches, plus storage and wall thickness. I figure about 96 inches will do it.

equipment you would like us to put into your camper?

fantastic fan, propane stove, very small sink w/ hand pump faucet and 5 to 10 gallon tank.
7 pin rv plug, an led light above the "kitchen" and one on each side for the beds. 2 12V outlets near counter top

panels that hinge on the long side of the bed and meet in the middle to make nearly the entire inside a flat surface.

storage areas on sides with doors. cab over, under kitchen area and under bed extensions will be bungee cord or similar, like the nets you get in the back of a new SUV in place of doors. Open storage is great and much more accessible and versatile in a small space, also much lighter than wood or other material doors on everything. :)

I have a second battery going in the truck to run the camper, this will be powering the +12 pin on the trailer plug.

my barely to scale model, scale and more detailed model is in the works.

this is always a design in progress, I look forward to hearing yours and others comments and suggestions.

heh... after all of that maybe i should just start my own thread, instead of overtaking yours!

Attachments

• camper1.jpg
    camper1.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 120
  • camper2.jpg
    camper2.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 115
  • camper3.jpg
    camper3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 112

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor

I am looking for something like the Mitchell, it gives great headroom and keeps the cross section area down, We are looking to improve on its design and modernize a bit. there is barely enough storage for 2 peoples things, and we bring a cat too.

yes, I am working on a dimensionally correct model

the sleeping benches on each side need to be about 80 inches, plus storage and wall thickness. I figure about 96 inches will do it.

equipment you would like us to put into your camper?

fantastic fan, propane stove, very small sink w/ hand pump faucet and 5 to 10 gallon tank.
7 pin rv plug, an led light above the "kitchen" and one on each side for the beds. 2 12V outlets near counter top

panels that hinge on the long side of the bed and meet in the middle to make nearly the entire inside a flat surface.

storage areas on sides with doors. cab over, under kitchen area and under bed extensions will be bungee cord or similar, like the nets you get in the back of a new SUV in place of doors. Open storage is great and much more accessible and versatile in a small space, also much lighter than wood or other material doors on everything. :)

I have a second battery going in the truck to run the camper, this will be powering the +12 pin on the trailer plug.

my barely to scale model, scale and more detailed model is in the works.

this is always a design in progress, I look forward to hearing yours and others comments and suggestions.

heh... after all of that maybe i should just start my own thread, instead of overtaking yours!

Ok Herm, thanks for posting your design idea on the "what's new" thread. Always love to hear what you guys are looking for, and your train of thought to get there. The funny thing is, we are building (right NOW, in our shop, about 80 percent done) a "new" unit that is very similar to your drawing! Ours is set up for a toyota classic or tacoma sized truck and it pops up, but otherwise..... you are going to FLIP when you see the pictures of it. I should have those posted in a few days.

All that being said, your design, considering the angled and shaped stylish roof line, and full hard sides and roof, is going to take about the same amount of materials and labor as our standard (pop up style) shell campers. Then we add in the stove, water system, sink, bed arrangement, and fantastic vent options. We could get you an the build schedule right away, and that would allow us to complete it as early as mid August. The price quote for this complete project is $13,685. 1/2 down to start, and the balance due 7 days prior to completion.

Let me know, and watch for the pix of our current project!!

Thanks,

Robby

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Tough Tundra Phoenix Pop up!

Today, a great gentleman from Idaho came in and picked up his new Tundra Custom Phoenix Pop up.... Many geat options and accessories. I think he did a great job of designing this baby!

basic rack bars, but powder coated matt black
033-1.jpg

ladder to roof, powder coated matt black
025-2.jpg

Extra large solar panel battery charger 120 watt
032.jpg

AM/FM stereo with CD and MP3
026.jpg

Drop down flat screen DVD player
028-1.jpg

Flood lights
023.jpg

0222.jpg

Nice Tundra Pop up, extra low profile and earodynamic P.U.L.S.E. cab over!
tundrapopup001.jpg

Phoenix Pop up
tundrapopup002-1.jpg

Tundra camper
tundrapopup003-1.jpg

Pop up camper
tundrapopup004-1.jpg

Phoenix pop up, happy customers!
tundrapopup005-1.jpg

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Awesome job on the Tundra. Could we see some better pictures of the interior? Specifically how the bed is oriented and how it stores?

Thank you,

Jack

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Tundra Pop up

Awesome job on the Tundra. Could we see some better pictures of the interior? Specifically how the bed is oriented and how it stores?

Thank you,

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the compliments!

I think that the pictures above are all of the shots I took of that new one. But here are some photos of some previously built units, and they are layed out exactly the same way.

Here's a look at the queen size "loft" bed
015.jpg

One angle of the dinette that makes the second bed
raptorand10026-1.jpg

Another angle of the dinette, just drop the table and it becomes the bed support, and the seat backs fill in the mattress.
007.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles