What's new at Coyote RV/Phoenix Pop up?

eugene

Explorer
Why do these seem to tall when popped down compared to others, just more underbed storage or is there something else under the bed?
How do those lift arms work to raise the roof, are those telescopic arms that are flat on the ceiling?

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
85 Toyota 4Runner.... No Problem!

Could you or have you made a camper for a 85 4runner
Like the green one on the wrangler

1985 4 Runner.... No Problem!

We have built PULSE pop ups on 4 Runners already... and we would LOVE to build yours! In fact, we enjoy this kind of custom work so much that we might be able to work out some promotional specials for you, when you're ready!

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
The Montreal Trip

Well, we have been a little out of touch this last couple of weeks... sorry about that. My lovely wife and I took a trip up to Montreal Canada and just returned. We finished the unit that is heading for France. The customers have a Son who lives in Montreal, so they decided to ship their Toyota Hilux diesel 4 cyl Vego to Montreal, have the camper installed, then ship the entire rig back to their home in France.

Since they were going through all of that, just to get one of our custom made PULSE Pop ups, we just felt that the right thing to do was to meet them, and install their camper in person. It was a wonderful trip. Weather was perfect, the camper arrived JUST in time to be installed one day before our flight out of town, and also arrived with just a little bit of freight dammage from the Denver - Montreal shipment. After installing the camper, we had a fun 2 hour lunch with the great people, we spoke english (well, American), they spoke French, and we basically played sherades... Can't wait to see the pictures they send once the rig gets home to France in about a month...
so much fun!

Here are some pictures from this adventure....

Before the trip, camper ready to ship:

shippingtofrance002.jpg

Before we wrap her up, we have to hit the scales... it comes out to 570 lbs!!

montreal053.jpg

All wrapped up and ready to go.

shippingtofrance019-1.jpg

The big UPS truck picks the unit up, and we head for the airport:

montreal059.jpg

montreal061.jpg

The view from our hotel room, 17th floor of The Intercontinental Hetel is AMAZING! This is just a picture of the Qebec flag flying attop of one of the many sky scrapers.

montreal064.jpg

During the week, we wait for our call, because the truck is stuck in customs at the Montreal Docks... so we ride the "metro" and scope out the town.

montrealfun.jpg

This is my beautiful wife pretending to have a good time on our business trip.

IMG00113.jpg

Here is one of the big attractions, the Parc Olympic.

IMG00115.jpg

We ride the highest man made leaning tower in the world's inclinator to the top and see all of Montreal, birdseye view, beautiful.

montreal085.jpg

After the Parc Olympic, we go accross the way to the Bio-Dome, a huge domed roof building with a full Zoo and aquarium inside. I think this was my Wife's favorite part of the trip, watching the zookeeper feeding the cute penguins.

montreal116.jpg

Finally, on Thursday we got the go ahead to meet the customers and install the camper. When we arrive, the customers are very suprised that Cari and I are the actual "technicians" who have arrived to install their camper. We have exchanged over 150 e-mail messages and photos over the last 3 months, but they never thought they would actually meet us in person.... so, very suprised for sure! When we get over to it, the unit looks pretty good, but there is some damage, so the customers filed a claim with UPS, so they can get it repaired in France.

montreal120.jpg

Then, we all finish unwrapping it together:

And install the jacks:

montreal130.jpg

Once it is stablized on it's jacks, we check out the insides and demonstrate how everything works. A nice gentleman who works at the Public Storage came over to translate our english instructions into French for the customers.... good thing, thank YOU!!

montreal141.jpg

montreal049.jpg

montreal048.jpg

shippingtofrance009.jpg

shippingtofrance013.jpg

Then I have to check the truck out, run the wiring, and ready it for installation:

Also, I like this little customization.. I find it funny that it is acutually written in english:

montreal146.jpg

Then we lift it, and load the camper onto the truck:

montreal140.jpg

montreal138.jpg

Then, we removed the "invis-a-lift" jacks, put the studs back in the holes, and start snapping pix:

montreal147.jpg

montreal150.jpg

montreal152.jpg

And, My favorite picture of the whole trip (besides the ones of my beautiful wife, of course):

montreal148.jpg

Last edited:

the wasp

Observer
Hello and good evening to you all,

We are the proud owners French of Camper built by Rob and currently still on holiday in Montreal.
Since the beginning of this year, we met most of the manufacturers of campers in France.Our priority was:
- Custom sizes on our Toyota Hi-lux.
-strength materials for the practice of off-road.
-quality materials and finish.
- Removable camper.
- And the price.
We could not find a camper on Tailor-made.The "pop-up"system does not exist in France and the prices are exuberant.
Despite all the difficulty related to language (we speak very little English. Thanks google translation for emails), we completed our project with Rv Coyote.
The truck left France by container in October 10 to arrive in Montreal on November 3.
After these "adventures" of the port and customs, we expect the technicians in a Public Storage, early in the icy wind.
And ...
We see Cari and Rob in person from Colorado .....
What a surprise and what emotion!
Damage, the champagne bottle was left at the apartment in Montreal at our son.

A lot of work and changes had to be directed by Rob, for the European standards, without changing prices.
Conversion-110v to 220v
standard sockets France.
We have communicated our desired dimensions and modifications by mails.
About 150 mails messages... Cari and Rob were always quick to answer our many questions and we are regularly informed of the progress of our project.

We especially appreciated the excellent communication and work done.
We believe that family structure, "a human scale" has best to answer to our numerous requests.
With Cari, we ordered four more additional hooks with straps. In France, the hooks are at the top of the bucket.
It can not be better.
The dimensions are perfect ... and we can put the tailgate on our return
The painting "dark silver" (Dodge challenger 1973 model) is terrible!
We look forward to regain our truck and go to a trip in the Spanish Sierras near our home.
We live in the south west (Basque Country), 10 miles from the Spanish border.
For 20 years, we have "buzzing" with a Pinzgauer 712 K,that we keep. To keep some feeling in the Pinzgauer all-terrain, we have equipped the truck with ARB air lockers, and ARB suspensions. We also like the tires "mud" Bfgoodrich.
With age .... the comfort of the "truck" / camper is more fun.

In France, many people will be interested by this camper.
When we tell our adventure, we'll talk about Rob and Cari, Coyote RV managers, telling them

In the STATES

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Thanks Cari and Rob

Last edited:

murryconst

Observer
1985 4 Runner.... No Problem!

We have built PULSE pop ups on 4 Runners already... and we would LOVE to build yours! In fact, we enjoy this kind of custom work so much that we might be able to work out some promotional specials for you, when you're ready!

Do u have any photos
Built a grand wagoneer with rtt
And wife doesn't like sleeping in a tent
Like the blazer chalet but big and hard to find a good one
Love the jeep pulse, but would want to wait for a use '12
So think a 85 runner would be a good fit
Thanks

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Looks awesome and glad you had a good experience getting it...now get it back to Europe and show us some pics of it in action.

knobbytracks

Observer
"The painting "dark silver" (Dodge challenger 1973 model) is terrible!"

Did he really mean that or did y'all take that as sarcasm? Personally, I think it looks great.

the wasp

Observer
"The painting "dark silver" (Dodge challenger 1973 model) is terrible!"

Did he really mean that or did y'all take that as sarcasm? Personally, I think it looks great.

be cool!!:)
" It's terrible" is a french expression which means great in the popular language (slang) . For example: this music is "terrible", ie it is different from what is done.

French is hard to understand because the same word can have different meanings and even contrary.

Cari and Robby had the highest praise for the quality and the rendering of the painting when we saw the camper in Montreal. we chose this painting.

Michel (the husband of the wasp)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier