What's new at Coyote RV/Phoenix Pop up?

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Intersesting Rob, any shots of it open? interior? or rear shots of the hatch/door area? What does it weigh in at?

Last edited:

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Landcruiser camper interior

Okay, here's what the backpacker looks like inside, with the top up. This one is shown with the features 3 burner stove, sink with tank and electric water pump, automatic 20,000 btu automatic furnace, 3 way refrigerator, and queen width bed with under bed storage... Pretty nice little set up. After subtracting the steel tailgate and portion of the jeep top that is removed, this unit adds only about 200 pounds to the vehicle!

thumb_coyoterv-zebraint-5.jpg

thumb_coyoterv-zebraint-4.jpg

thumb_coyoterv-zebraint-2.jpg

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
Rob, once you cut away the body how is it sealed for weather? Any interior shots of where the second row seats are in the 80 series? It appears the 3rd row window is still in place? Im confused by this.

Sorry for all the questions. If you'd like to email me back channel that would work too. dave and yosh at adventureduo dot com

Last edited:

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
These look great.
Just a suggestion, certainly do the parking lot photos as well as solicit pics from those who ordered the units and have used them. A website would be nice to be able to see pics and specs.

edit:
Found your website-
coyote rv

Last edited:

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Latest installation done, No Name F250 Crew Cab

Yesterday morning we installed a beautiful new custom unit on a short bed F250 Crew Cab from way out in Georgia. This one didn't want a name plate, but did want just about everything else under the sun. All the usual stuff like refrigerator, stove, sinks, water, queen bed, jacks, screen door, etc... Then the requests get a little more fun: Without letting the camper go beyond the bumper, we have hot water interior shower, cassette toilet, air conditioner, 10' crank out awning, piggy back 7 way plug installation, full lower dinette bed, and extra storage. Here's how all this great stuff fits in one nice little package.

Cleaned, detailed, tested, and ready for installation!
005-1.jpg

Main cabinet refrig, furnace, stove, double sinks, hot water, etc...
006.jpg

Restroom with curtain drawn
007.jpg

Open the restroom door and curtain to see the Thetford cassette toilet and hot water flexible hand held shower head
011-3.jpg

Dinette seating and table area makes full length adult size bed, plus requested extra storage cabinet with A/C above.
015.jpg

Close up of 5,000 btu air conditioner
016-1.jpg

Now we install with the Phoenix Exclusive ratchet strap tie downs
027.jpg

Nice fit on F250 Short Bed Crew Cab, also showing the 10'Carefree Freedom III crank out awning
033.jpg

Only 11 am, and the happy camping friends are back on the road in their new Phoenix fully custom unit!
034.jpg

Terrainist

Explorer
Nice work. And thank you for posting photo's of your campers. If you can do a cab to cabin pass thru on such vehicles as Broncos, Jeeps, Land Cruisers, etc with the camper in a permanent type mount.. yikes, that is a super nice way to go for a lot of people.

I don't think I've ever seen the sink formed into the counter top like that in one of your above photo's, interesting.

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Hey Rob (and Cari !)

Good thread so far :) ...

That's a long overcab, are they ever made to sleep North - South?
What are the inside dimensions of that wet bath? and would that the "standard" size?

Thanks

Hi Klahanie,

Thanks for noticing the thread, and the compliment.

YES! We do the North to South sleeper option very often lately. The cab over for that option is longer than the one on this unit, by about 14"

The footprint on this particular wet bath with cassette toilet is 28" x 28". There is no "standard" size, as we build everything custom, to fit your needs. I can tell you that I am almost 6' tall and my knees just touch when sitting down in this size restroom.

So when we design your new Phoenix, if you want to reduce the size of the cabinets or floorspace and then increase the size of the restroom, that would be fine, it's up to you.

Hope that is helpful... talk soon!

Last edited:

wannaby

Adventurer
Are you really cutting into the roof with that sawsall or is that a joke looks like a 20,000.00 od toyota and ya chop the roof I too would like to see what the cut looks like, how the camper is mounted is it permanent,sealed for leakage and how.need more close up picks I have a ford escape would it be possible to mount one on that...Den

rotti

Adventurer
CamperGuy:
Any chance you'll be at the Sportsman Show in Jan here in Denver?
Would like to get a closer look.

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Sportsman's Show, YES!

CamperGuy:
Any chance you'll be at the Sportsman Show in Jan here in Denver?
Would like to get a closer look.

YES, we are going to have a space at the Denver International Sportsman's Expo, at the Colorado Convention Center, Jan 6 Through the 9th (I think, not sure of the date exactly).

First show we have done in many many years. Hope to see lots of Expedition Portal peeps there!!

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Yes, I'm really cutting.

Are you really cutting into the roof with that sawsall or is that a joke looks like a 20,000.00 od toyota and ya chop the roof I too would like to see what the cut looks like, how the camper is mounted is it permanent,sealed for leakage and how.need more close up picks I have a ford escape would it be possible to mount one on that...Den

Hi Wannaby,

Yes, I was really cutting that vehicle.

I think we could fit your Ford Escape with a nice little unit as well. Just call us up, make an appointment for your design session, and we'll get your order under way!

I don't have too many during build photos because I didn't used to thing that anyone would be all that interested. I did catch some shots of one of our Cherokee builds, and that is a pretty similar fit to your Escape. Here are those pics:

backpacker001.jpg

backpacker004.jpg

Uhh, HS!

Is there anything like this being done in Texas?! Now, I wonder what you can do for me for my Honda CR-V or my '77 Scout II. Awesome work! My problem is logistics - I live in Houston, and I don't want to have to fly back (I could rent a vehicle to drive back and forth once). Whether I have it done in Texas or Colorado depends on how the markets play out in 2011.

Stephanie

goin camping

Explorer
Hi Rob,

I want to thank you for posting the pictures of the F250 camper. Since I have that model truck in a slightly raised 4X4 I was very curious what you could do with that small truck bed. You did well. You fit a lot of stuff into a small area.

Please post more interior pictures. I really enjoy seeing your work.

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Scout II Camper!

Uhh, HS!

Is there anything like this being done in Texas?! Now, I wonder what you can do for me for my Honda CR-V or my '77 Scout II. Awesome work! My problem is logistics - I live in Houston, and I don't want to have to fly back (I could rent a vehicle to drive back and forth once). Whether I have it done in Texas or Colorado depends on how the markets play out in 2011.

Stephanie

Hi America Overland,

The Honda CR-V would probably do better with a roof top tent, but the Scout II is the perfect vahicle for a conversion. In fact our (my family's) first camper was built for our own Scout II! Unfortunately, I do not have any photos of that old beast, but I do have a photo of one of our more recent Scout IIs, below. We have just one location, here in Denver. You won't have to fly back and forth though, we have the Scout fit design already set up, so all we need to know is what kind of equipment you want in yours, then we will work up your complete custom desgn quote for your review and approval. Once we get your order under way, we will build the unit, ready for install, then we make an installation appointment. When you arrive, we will set up a hotel room for the night before installation, and a rental car for the day of. You can run around Denver, see the sights, and at the end of the day your new Scout II conversion will be ready for the road!

Interior Scout II
015-1.jpg

Scout II Phoenix Pop up
IHScout.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste