What's new at Coyote RV/Phoenix Pop up?

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Just a newbee here. Rob from Coyote RV, where we build the Phoenix Custom hand made campers. We fit pretty much any SUV or Pick up with camping units. It's just my family, a couple of friends, and I who make these units, therefore depending on the design complexity, we only build about 20 or 30 little gems each year. We are not trying to get any bigger or faster, only better. And, doing only custom work, we aren't looking to challenge anyone's big business or sales numbers. I believe there is plenty of room for all of us to do what we do for the market, without stepping on any toes. So, since each and every one of our units is completely unique, I thought it might make a sort of interesting thread on this forum. So, if you all don't mind too much, I would like to keep this thread running and post an update now and then (whenever I get a few "extra" minutes) about whatever current project we are working on. Because a picture is worth a thousand words, here are a couple of pictures showing some of our previous projects.

CustomTacoma.jpg
[/IMG]

Alaska090.jpg
[/IMG]

Tomorrow morning we are setting up a nice Frontier Crew Cab long bed with a nicely equipped unit, fit to the tail lights. Most folks ask for the refrigerator, furnace, stove, sink, jacks, beds, etc... then we get into the custom stuff. These folks named their camper "Li'l One" so we had their name plates made up, plus they requested a very nice custom upholstery material, and city water hook up. I will post photos of the finished installed product, and any comments about the installation day. Thank you for reading, talk soon, Rob

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
By the way, I am a sponsor

Rob, it's good to see this. I've seen some of your product on the web.

Looking forward to more :ylsmoke:

Do you need to be a sponsor to have a thread like this?

Hi David,

Thank you for the interest, and for the question. Yes, you do need to be a sponsor to post these kind of threads. We bacame a very proud sponsor about 6 weeks ago, roughly. I thought it would be best to talk about what I do know, instead of scabbing in on other people's REAL overland stories. Truthfully, I am an "Overlander Wannabe." Spend all my free time designing and building the products that allow real adventurers to do what they are made to do. I guess somebody's got to do it, and I think it is my calling.... love to browse the site and see what all of you are accomplishing out there!! Everybody, keep up the posts, and I will do the same, so you all know what we are up to!

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Great to see you posting up Rob & Cari!
Thanks for supporting ExPo, I think we're all very excited to follow along with your custom creations and to hear more about those that are out exploring the world with them!

Regards,
Brian

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Tundra Carmpers!

More pics of the tundra please. I have the same truck

Hi, thanks for the interest. We have had a real run of Tundra campers this past couple of years here at Coyote RV. People LOvE these trucks... and they tell me that they LOVE the units we've built for them too!!

The white Tundra in the first picture is a CrewMax, and the gentleman who ordered this one wase moving from the mid-west on up to Alaska, picking up his camper here in Denver on the way. He knew that he would be spending a lot of time in the camper, and had some little children coming along. So, he ordered the full 8.5' length with tail light skirts, restroom, hot water, shower, extended cab over, and even the drop screen DVD player (I think). This is about the biggest and fanciest one would probably get for this size truck, and it is very comfortable to kick back in. Many people want to go a little tighter fitting, lighte weight, and simpler. I have posted photos of some of these ones too. Hope this helps you decide what will work best for you!

crewmaxtundrawith85small.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG0008.jpg
[/IMG]

09Tudra003.jpg

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Photos to follow tomorrow, promise

Ok, today the great new unit called "Li'l One" was successfully loaded onto it's new mate, a beautiful white Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Long Bed. Everything went fantastic and smooth. The only thing is, some nice folks dropped in right after the installation, and we designed their new Phoenix pop up the rest of the afternoon. So, we had to run off late to high school hockey, and I forgot the camera connection cord at work.

We will post pictures and notes about the Frontier installation tomorrow for sure!

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Wrangler unlimited campers!

Can you tell us more about the Phoenix you made for the 2010 Wrangler Ultd?

Hi Northern Explorer,

We have built a number of these Wrangler Unlimited size campers, and they are really cool. Since these jeeps have built in roll cages, and folks want a nice tight fit, it's a little trickier to keep all of the amenaties. As alway, you can get yours with a nice food refrigeration unit, heater, stove, gear storage, queen bed, and some other goodies.... or you can go a little more "roughing it." Haven't captured a lot of photos as of yet. Would love to have our customers send more pics of them covered in MUD and Muck, like they're supposed to be. I am confident that one of these days they will remember to pack a camera! A couple of parking lot photos we did capture during a pre-installation fitting, below.

PB270007.jpg
[/IMG]

PB270005.jpg
[/IMG]

PB270001.jpg
[/IMG]

The Swiss

Expedition Leader
Hi Northern Explorer,

We have built a number of these Wrangler Unlimited size campers, and they are really cool. Since these jeeps have built in roll cages, and folks want a nice tight fit, it's a little trickier to keep all of the amenaties. As alway, you can get yours with a nice food refrigeration unit, heater, stove, gear storage, queen bed, and some other goodies.... or you can go a little more "roughing it." Haven't captured a lot of photos as of yet. Would love to have our customers send more pics of them covered in MUD and Muck, like they're supposed to be. I am confident that one of these days they will remember to pack a camera! A couple of parking lot photos we did capture during a pre-installation fitting, below.
Do you cut the hard top? Any interior pics of a JK?

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
no cutting needed.

Do you cut the hard top? Any interior pics of a JK?

These jeeps are reletively easy for us to fit, compared to the Land Rover Discovery, new 4 Runner, XJ, or Land Cruiser FJ62.

No cutting needed on the JK! The pictures shown are of a pre-fitting, before we carefully remove the hard or soft top. The camper bolts on using the original jeep nut plates and roof clamps. We are building one right now, that will be installed in January. I will sure catch more pix of that one, and post them.

Thanks for the questions and interest.

jrueppel

Adventurer
Thanks for putting those photos of the Jeep up. And +2 on more interior photos. I'd be really interested to see how the camper shell came together with the JK and to get a feel for how the inside works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste