Chile

jpvm

Explorer
Hey how are you , thanks for the great pictures !!! , many of those pics of mine are from the IX region to the south , and those of the north from the IIId Region to the north ..... I (sadly) live in Santiago , but our family had some land in the IX Region (Pucon , Villarrica Lake) so there is our base of operaitons to our southbound trips while in summer vacactions .... thanks a lot for your pictures !!!

coax

Adventurer
A few more pics from Chile!

PumiVmHoPwEFPSt9MolNHOLh09Xx3BnCAXLb-HJBSWU=w915-h686

IMG_6040.JPG

IMG_1013%2BBeach%2Bnorth%2Bof%2BHuasco.JPG

zolo

Explorer
Oh how I miss Chile... Was in Patagonia earlier this year. I would love to explore the lakes region also. Well all of Chile really!!

EricMcGrew

Adventurer
JPVM, Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I thought I had subscribed to get email responses, and I hadn't. Now I have though!

Thanks! I'm glad you like the photos. I like doing over landing (on a small scale), and I like nature/landscape/auto photography, so I still do a bit of it. However, my schedule has been crazy with vehicle/metal working stuff and photography has gone to the side a bit. We really love living down here, and there are so many places to go and things to do. I've been videoing some of my weekly adventures. Since I'm doing it all myself, I haven't gotten the videos and stuff to the quality that I would like, but here is one I did going out to Ralun/Rollizo.

jpvm

Explorer
Very sweet coverage my friend, that part of Ralun (Seno de Reloncavi) is very beautiful, and also pretty close to Cochamo, Lago Tagua Tagua, etc. where great unspoiled outdoors can be found. Cochamo is the chilean Yosemite (El Capitan) for rock climbers.

Thanks for the vid.-

Regards
JP

EricMcGrew

Adventurer
JPVM, You are correct in everything you mentioned above, still, even Cochamo and Ralun are starting to see more people from Santiagon, Conception and other places move in. So, more and more of the land is being built on, and prestine views are being built apron. Please don't take what I say to an affront to those mobving in. It's just how things are.

Valley Cochamo has even seen a huge growth in popularity. One or two tourism companies have started bringing College kids by the bus load to trek the valley. In fact, when we went in March of 2014, we had to walk to 2-3 different camp grounds just to find one that wasn't at capacity. One of the registers at the entrance of the valley (where you sign in), said that they estimated 200-300 to be in the valley. They told us that that kind of traffic had been common since the beginning of the summer (late Nov.), and that they expected that quantity of traffic until the valley closed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people shouldn't go. Still, if you go, don't be expecting the long past days of there only being 50 people up there, and hardly running into anyone.

Next month, I hope to make a trip crossing Tagua Tagua, and believe it or not, there is a gravel road being made all the way up to Segundo Coral. There is even some talk about the round being continued on up to Argentina thru Paso Leon. If that actually happens, then I will get some more footage of that too.

In the meantime, here is a video that I did. This is a video of us up in Valley Cochamo. Please excuse the poor quality the Valley Cochamo one, as it was done on a whim, we were extremely tire, and it was litterally thrown together. Still, I think you all will like them.

jpvm

Explorer
Great vid man , that place is so beautiful , its like walking the Yosemite Valley 80 years ago when no highways were and few people knew about this. Well this happens everywhere , once roads are built then all this is accessible to anybody which is good and bad. Thanks a lot for sharing this, this part of Chile is little known to the mass and its not difficult to access, and it will fill your soul for a long time once back to the normal life.

jpvm

Explorer
Speaking of Lake Tagua Tagua and Segundo Corral ... this is when I went there 5 years ago , the Army Construction Corp (CMT) was building that road to Segundo Corral and it will be the next pass to Argentina.

1928768_1083925574127_239_n.jpg

1928768_1083924974112_5344_n.jpg

1928768_1083922214043_9407_n.jpg

EricMcGrew

Adventurer
They are still working on it. I hope to get up there next month. If it works out, I'll have some vid and photos to share.

Very cool photos by the way!

coax

Adventurer
They are still working on it. I hope to get up there next month. If it works out, I'll have some vid and photos to share.

Very cool photos by the way!

I also hope to get there sometime mid december on the way to points south! My sister will be here for a few weeks and is a climber so would be nice to at least have a look at the area (though no climbing like that on this trip)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles