img90610ry.jpg

img78917mc.jpg

img85760mp.jpg

img85605xy.jpg

img83380ee.jpg

img83204aq.jpg

coax

Adventurer
Yes , its called "Carretera Austral", it starts in Puerto Montt southbounds, but then have to take a 4 hour ferry and the continue driving south , its a great place to visit for nature lovers and crowds haters :elkgrin:

some pics of this road....

And now I want to go there even more! What an adventure that would be. :Wow1:

jpvm

Explorer
Although another story, but this review of the '11 Dakar shows mostly Chilean terrain and what you'll see in northern Chile ... worth the look : :bike_rider:

Brodyagi

Observer
Hi! Thanks. Interesting country and interesting people. I need to think about how to come to you on your Nissan - Safari. :smiley_drive:
Vladimir.

jpvm

Explorer
Hi! Thanks. Interesting country and interesting people. I need to think about how to come to you on your Nissan - Safari. :smiley_drive:
Vladimir.

Hi Vlad, thanks tovarich :bike_rider: , yes for you to cross the world (no matter a Safari will do that :victory: ) would be a huge trip, may the trip of your lifetime !! :sombrero:

Brodyagi

Observer
Thanks. You're right. In 2010, we traveled 26.500 km. Moscow - Murmansk - Norway - Iceland - Denmark - Czech Republic - Poland - Ukraine - Russia - Vladivostok.
Chile is not so far!:)

Last edited:

jpvm

Explorer
Thanks. You're right. In 2010, we traveled 26.500 km. Moscow - Murmansk - Norway - Iceland - Denmark - Czech Republic - Poland - Ukraine - Russia - Vladivostok.
Chile is not so far!:)

:Wow1::Wow1::Wow1:, oh yes, looking it this way, you are 100% right.

PS: this summer vacation we drove 6.000 kmts , INSIDE Chile ... so for me looks like something feasible.

Brodyagi

Observer
6000 km is a lot. Very well that traveling as a family.
This year we are going to Mongolia. When we return we will think about Chile. Important. Is there a ferry from Europe or Asia?
Help me with the route? Do I need to learn Spanish?:ylsmoke:

jpvm

Explorer
6000 km is a lot. Very well that traveling as a family.
This year we are going to Mongolia. When we return we will think about Chile. Important. Is there a ferry from Europe or Asia?
Help me with the route? Do I need to learn Spanish?:ylsmoke:

Normally what I've seen from Germans touring to Southamerica y to ship their 4x4s in a contianer from Hamrburg or Antwerpen to Buenos Aires Argentina, and from there drive around Southamerica.

With English you can survive in Southamerica , in large cities , but there are the most locations where only Spanish is spoken , so the ancient language of signs will help you out ... :bike_rider::bike_rider:

Brodyagi

Observer
Oh, we know the ancient language of signs...:victory: The translator is not needed ...w,ll come with an open heart.... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles