Chile

zolo

Explorer
JP, here are some of my last Chile trip. I PMed you when I was there.
This is some from our Atacama trip. Yuma Chile, remote, very high, and very fun to get to.

I will help promote Chile!!:victory:

jpvm

Explorer
Oh yes I remember, you were in a very deserted and lonely edge of the Atacama desert, great shots . See that you rented a mine standard 4x4 Hilux toyota ... cheers abd thabks for your pics !

jpvm

Explorer
I´m back to the basic transportation .... 2x2 .... human power !!!

these are the hills on the backyard of my home ...

dsc1837am.jpg

dsc1799sd.jpg

dsc1806.jpg

italia

Observer
CHILE

Hey JP,Como andamio?keep posting my wife and I we really enjoy all the awesome pics of CHILE we think is BAKAN!When is time for us to retire Chile:1888fbbd: is on our top 5 countries.Mexico coming last :( I can see myself driving my 96 Land Cruiser :safari-rig:down there.got to go some more PEGA to do while having a CHELA (I work from home) :sombrero: Chau,Pablo en Colorado.Keep the pics coming.....plez?

Last edited:

RKOPLAN

Hola, yo y mi esposa estamos planiando un viaje a chile en marzo. Yo soy nasido en chile pero criado en los estados unidos. Vamos a pasar 4 días in Santiago con familia, y de a y a Puerto Montt donde queremos arquilar una camionetta y explorar la carretera austral. Emos estado buscando en el internet donde quedarnos pero lo que encuentro esta locamente caro, so estamos explorado la idea de alquilar una casa rodante. Queremos pasar 5-6 días. El ano pasado exploramos Fruitillar, Osorno, Huilo Huilo, Termas geometricas, Puerto Montt, Chiloe, y Castro. Si tienes recomendaciones estaríamos muy agradecidos
Gracia
Rodrigo

Hi, me and my wife are planing a trip to chile in march. I was born in chile but raised in the USA. We will spending 4 days in Santiago with family and the flying to Puerto Montt where we want to rent a 4x4 truck and explore the Carretera Austral. We have done some research on the Internet but everything is crazy expensive so we have been exploring renting a motorhome. We want to spend 5-6 dais in this area. last year we explored Fruitillar, Osorno, Huilo Huilo, Geometric thermals, Puerto Montt, Chiloe, and Castro. If you have any recommendations we would be very grateful.
Thanks

coax

Adventurer
Not a ton of information here, and its been 10 years since I was down there, but if you can get to chiloe and puerto montt I really enjoyed those places.

Check the trip planning section, I recall a recent post about one of the ferry's being out of order? I am hoping to do a trip down there again soon and I think having some sort of vehicle is the way to go.

DSCF0040 No bus yet,  Chiloe, Chile.JPG

jpvm

Explorer
JP gone on any adventures recently? :)

Hey, well we were again in Patagonia this last January (high summer) , and then (February) my wife drove with the 2 kids to Atacama desert area to visit relatives there, nothing that much exciting. We are into MTB so almost all pics are MTB related. More exercise and less fuel consumption.

p1000090qf.jpg

p1010091qq.jpg

Attachments

• p1000493w.jpg
    p1000493w.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
Chile is wild and beautiful. The Lake District is gorgeous! Volcanoes, glaciers, ferries to Bariloche in Argentina are very popular ways to travel.

You can drive into southern Andes from Pto. Montt, then it's various ferries over the lakes. Fantastic place to visit.

coax

Adventurer
and more.......

dsc2621n.jpg

dsc2677z.jpg

this one is close to home in central Chile again ....

dsc3131n.jpg

Great! Until I saw these pictures, I had mostly decided not to bring my bike if I do a trip. Now you have me re-thinking the idea. Looks like some fabulous trails to ride!

jpvm

Explorer
Great! Until I saw these pictures, I had mostly decided not to bring my bike if I do a trip. Now you have me re-thinking the idea. Looks like some fabulous trails to ride!

Oh man, we do a LOT of MTB down here , close to Santiago we have some nice places to go (even 2 bikeparks) , down in the south (lake disctrict to Patagonia) there are LOTS of places to drop a bike and just enjoy, and in the north, in the Atacama desert, especially San Pedro de Atacama, there are huge crowds biking into the desert and into the high altitudes (if your hearth permits it).

http://www.atacamachallenger.cl/
http://www.southtime.cl/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles