Honda Element-one of a kind

Wow, lots of work. Too bad its on one of the ugliest vehicles ever created.:coffeedrink:

I love it. It would be nice to mechanize the E (meaning, strip the electronics out and rebuild with electrical/mechanical equivalents), open up the wheel wells, convert to solid axles and traditional transfer case and manual transmission.

It's why I'm considering another older vehicle to add to my Scout II when the time is right.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
I love it. It would be nice to mechanize the E (meaning, strip the electronics out and rebuild with electrical/mechanical equivalents), open up the wheel wells, convert to solid axles and traditional transfer case and manual transmission.

It's why I'm considering another older vehicle to add to my Scout II when the time is right.

To the OP, good luck with the sale, nice customizations.

To the idea of adding $20k to make it a solid axle and mechanical t-case. Thats a great ROI and a really smart investment since you can buy a truck that already has that for under 5k - think D1.

-Sam

To the OP, good luck with the sale, nice customizations.

To the idea of adding $20k to make it a solid axle and mechanical t-case. Thats a great ROI and a really smart investment since you can buy a truck that already has that for under 5k - think D1.

-Sam

Of course, and that's kind of why I won't go the E route, since I have my CR-V and my Scout II. I'm happy with these for now (once I can get my Scout down here from Dallas...), but at some point, I'll want to add a Jeep of some sort.

By the way, ROI is not really a consideration on these things, since I know I'll never get the kind of money I put into them.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Wow, lots of work. Too bad its on one of the ugliest vehicles ever created.:coffeedrink:
Square is better. This was one of the few vehicles myself(6'4") and other too tall freaks could fit into at our Auto Show here. My buddy slides his 10' longboard in there. We're talking shoulder and headroom for Sasquatch.

bikerjosh

Explorer

Oh, come on it isn't a pontiac aztec?:wings:
Still for sale unless I pop for some e-trailer brakes on my race car trailer.
Looking for a 4runner or something I can set up for towing/exploring w/o the car hauler.
Josh

KG6BWS

Explorer
What does it weigh, how many miles per gallon, and how big is the tank?

Im curious about this as well. Im in the market for an economical weekend explorer/commuter. Might just have to go talk to the bank and see what they can do for me loan-wise.

bikerjosh

Explorer
Element

Mileage:
On the hwy about 21-22mpg w/Grabber AT2 tires, rack etc @ 70-75mph. Keep in mind the Grabbers weigh 11lbs more per wheel than the spare set of pilot wheels and GY integrity tires that come with it as well.

Tank size: 15.9 gallons
Weight: 3526lbs

The car is pretty spritely on the road with the 5spd manual and the vtec motor.

mntbikr18

Observer
Damn, almost wish you weren't in Cali.

Id consider trading my somewhat built 4runner which I am selling for something like this.

GL with the sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online