New Military Trailer

ARinmyJK

I like this one better!

L-WATT-Tactical-Trailer.jpg

Click on the L-WATT tab at the link posted above.

EDIT: I emailed Silver Eagle and the L-WATTS is available for civilian purchase direct from the manufacture. Quote forthcoming.

Last edited:

d110pickup

SE Expedition Society
The curb weight on the L-WATT is still 1300 lb's. That's very heavy for a cargo bed of 88" x 48"
Mike

greentruck

Adventurer
I wonder if the L-WATTS will cost less than $12,000?:coffee:

That's what our M101 CDN supposedly cost the Canadian gov't new. I think the $700 we paid for it was a great price -- and much easier on the budget!

I do like the support booms that fold up at the rear, although they look a little overbuilt. That would make deploying a RTT rock solid, though.:)

Xodius

Adventurer
I like this one better!

L-WATT-Tactical-Trailer.jpg

Click on the L-WATT tab at the link posted above.

EDIT: I emailed Silver Eagle and the L-WATTS is available for civilian purchase direct from the manufacture. Quote forthcoming.

Keep me posted on the price. I am curious, planning on building my own here starting spring...most likely.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I wonder if the L-WATTS will cost less than $12,000?:coffee:

That's what our M101 CDN supposedly cost the Canadian gov't new. I think the $700 we paid for it was a great price -- and much easier on the budget!

I do like the support booms that fold up at the rear, although they look a little overbuilt. That would make deploying a RTT rock solid, though.:)

I was told that they were $4500.00 new back in 1992 dollars. Many of them were purchased but before they were deployed the Iltis Jeep was retired in favor of newer larger and safer vehicles. Many of the 2000 M101 CDN2 trailers went straight to surplus.

ILTIS-001.jpg

Last edited:

koolex11

Observer
Those trailers are the replacement for the American M101. I forget what they are called. They pull them behind the HMMWV's and are really tall, really tough and I don't think they are available as demil. But I think there are some companies out there that will sell you one for $5000! Our local national guard has them hooked up to all the trucks. They look absolutely ridiculous for an expo trailer.

koolex11

Observer
M1101. Here are the specs:

General
Maximum Vehicle Weight……..3400 lb (1542 kg)
Curb Weight…………………….1460 lb ( 662 kg)
Maximum Payload Capacity…. 1940 lb (880 kg)
Hull……………………………… Unitized body construction using aircraft grade aluminum and chromoly steel
Dimensions
Overall Length……………….… 132 inches (335cm)
Overall Width…………………… 85.6 inches (217 cm)
Overall Height………………….. 52.5 inches (133 cm)
Track Width…………………….. 72.5 inches (184 cm)
Drawbar Length ……………….. 93.2 inches (237 cm)
(from axle center to eye center)
Drawbar Eye Height…………… 29.5 inches (75 cm)
Deck Height…………………….. 34.5 inches (88 cm)
Ground Clearance (Laden)…... 16 inches (41 cm)
Running Gear
Suspension Type……………… Fully independent progressive rate trailing arm suspension
Axle………………………………Tubular steel
Spring Media…………………… Progressive rate torselastic rubber chords
Shock Absorbers……………….Telescopic, direct acting, one per wheel, HMMWV compatible
Wheels………………………….. 16.5 X 8.25, two piece steel, HMMWV compatible, 8 on 6.5 inch bolt pattern
Tires…………………………….. 37X12.50R16.5 Goodyear Wrangler M/T, with 30-mile runflat inserts, HMMWV compatible
Brakes…………………………...12 inch x 2 inch free backing hydraulic surge brakes with automatic breakaway
actuation. Independent lever-operated left and right side mechanical parking brakes.
Electrical System……………….24 Volt DC sealed lighting system with blackout convoy lights, 12 pin connector plug mates with HMMWV
Performance
Max Speed (Primary Roads)…..55 mph (88 kph )
Max Speed (Secondary Roads).35 mph (56 kph)
Max Speed (Off Road)………….20 mph (32 kph)
Departure Angle……………….. 39 degrees
Turning Angle…………………...80 degrees
Fording…………………………..60 inches (152 cm)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94