Tepui Tent RTT

compactcamping

Explorer
Anyone have an Autana and wished they got the Autana Sky? Or vice versa? Trying to decide if I want the skylight.

I use a Kukenam model Sky. The stargazing aspect is very nice. I have found the extra ventilation from leaving the roof panels open with the fly on, to notably help with condensation. One note, fog with the panels open and the fly off, is not your friend. Learned first hand a few weeks back, it just "pours in" and gets everything damp.

wvracer821

Observer
This thread was the reason I went with the Tepui so I figured the least I could do was post up a few pics of me setup. The truck is a 2014 Ram 3500 Megacab laramie. I built the rack my self with some 3x3x3/16 angle and some 2.5x2.5x3/16 box tube. The goal was to keep the tent level with the top of the cab but retain some bed space for my gear. I plan to add a 2nd 7 pin trailer plug to the bed of the truck with 1 ground and 6 power wires so that I can use it to get power to the rack for lights and a few 12v outlets in the tent. This truck has 5 aux switches inside the cab that are pre wired with relatys and fuses, i plan on using a couple of them for work lights mounted to the rack to get 360* light to make it easy to setup camp in the dead of night. I made some 5/16" lift cables that attach to each corner of the rack to lift the entire assembly off of the truck using a snatch block, a tree, and my jeep. Enough of the talk, more of the pics!

pics of jeep for reference

fubar

Adventurer
Got my Autana Sky mounted to my Conqueror Compact.

a1e61131e8073c8e27956ca93ef49dee.jpg

Great service from Tepui.

c84dd1a73a691333dbfffd1c64726602.jpg

First deployment.

70fca99cb9cd9801b7a21760469ab8f2.jpg

75a702eccafa3b0928f89c3467ab9f7b.jpg

I am very happy with the tent. I would have preferred the "Ruggedized" version but that came out a few weeks after I finally pulled the trigger. \SMH

fubar

Adventurer
I decided, at the last minute, to get the Sky. I'm very happy I did. It's very cool to be able to open the moon roof. I do a lot of hot weather camping and the extra ventilation at night is terrific.

Last edited:

toxicity_27

Adventurer
So I was trying to look for the differences between the Autana Ruggedized and the Kukenam Ruggedized on the Tepui website, and in the details for the Autana, it has the same thing as the Kukenam. However, up at the top it says that it includes the annex. Now when I look at the specifications for both it says the Autana weighs 165 compared to the Kukenam's 150. Both say the annex is sold separately. I thought the Autana came with an annex. Is that the only difference between the two?

osidepunker

Adventurer
So I was trying to look for the differences between the Autana Ruggedized and the Kukenam Ruggedized on the Tepui website, and in the details for the Autana, it has the same thing as the Kukenam. However, up at the top it says that it includes the annex. Now when I look at the specifications for both it says the Autana weighs 165 compared to the Kukenam's 150. Both say the annex is sold separately. I thought the Autana came with an annex. Is that the only difference between the two?

what did Tepui say when you asked them?

Hitch Fire

Supporting Sponsor
The Autana Ruggedized does include an annex just like the standard Autana, however the annex included with the Ruggedized model uses the same heavy duty canvas that is used on the Ruggedized tents. These are one of the toughest roof top tents available and we're confident you'll agree.

Eric S.

Adventurer
Well this last weekend I broke my ladder. The bottom rung gave way on one side as I was standing on it. I weigh 195lbs, well short of the 330lbs it says that it is rated for. Not overly happy since this is still the first season of use.
Had a chance to look at it today and it turns out the bottom rung is held in place with 4 set screws looked like #8 size. Seems that I over powered them and the rung slid down on one side. I'm not going to bother warrantying it since it is a design flaw and I am sure the next one will do the same thing eventually. Was hoping I could put a larger screw through the tube but that is not possible due to the telescoping tubes. So for now larger sew screws will do the job for now. If it happens again I'll be coming up with a more permanent fix.
On a good note, the other rungs are supported with set screws AND the plastic mounts have a step mounded in them that sit on top of the tubing. I doubt they will have this same issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior