What I'm getting for Christmas: HP tm2t & iTouch & BB Torch

evldave

Expedition Trophy Winner
So, started getting sick of my current laptop, a Lenovo S10-3t, and decided to upgrade. It works great for a lot of simple computing, but really shows its weakness running photo editing software and flash video. HP was having a great sale on their touchscreen tablet laptops, so I decided to order a new tm2t, specs as follows:

Core i5
8GB Ram
500GB HD
Wireless N/Bluetooth
Multitouch 12.1" rotating screen
etc etc etc

This will replace my Lenovo (expect to see it in the For Sale section sometime after Christmas). Will be my daily use laptop + mapping computer for the car. I've heard good & bad about this particular model, once I get it, and get all my mapping/GPS/GIS/fun stuff installed, I'll post up a review. HP site says delivery is 12/23, total cost w/shipping & tax was $970. I'm going to sell my Lenovo for around $400, so a pretty good deal for <$500 out of pocket. Gonna have to figure out how to mount the larger laptop in the truck now, should be a fun project.

Well...after ordering this for myself, I was talking with my wife and she accidentally slipped and let me know she got me an iTouch for Christmas!! Looks like I'll be joining hordes of Apple fanboys soon - how exciting! :wavey: Already researching cases + mtn biking/camping/mapping apps.

Then...today my work Blackberry started crapping out on me. In august, I had left it next to a nice cold glass of icewater on my nightstand and the glass sweated so much is drowned the BB. It's been hanging on for a few months, but has started dropping calls all over the place. I'm due for a new phone anyways, so gonna get a white BB Torch - heck yeah! While I'm not a BB fan, and our company security policy prevents me from loading much on there, it's a huge step up from my current 8900 (plus I'll be able to tether the HP to it at 3G speeds finally - much better than my 8900 edge speeds).

Also got notice that my ContourGPS just came into the local REI, going down to pick that up in the next week or so. I'm really excited to see how the GPS function imbedded in the video works!

Should be a good Christmas this year :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior