Camping Shower

spressomon

Expedition Leader
There are many, many threads on camp and/or vehicle mounted hot water/shower systems on this forum. Can be as simple as heating water in a pot atop your camp stove and then combining the near boiling water with ambient temp water in any container for a good volume of shower water. Utilizing efficient use of water 2-gallons provides a rather luxurious shower if water supply is limited.

You can keep it as simple as you'd like or make it darn near like showering at home ;-).

A small 12V Shurflo or similar water pump, shower or kitchen sink type sprayer and a some plastic hose will take care of the pumping and spraying...

There are also engine mounted fluid-to-fluid heat exchangers that allow you to heat your potable water...

Here's a link to get you going: http://expeditionportal.com/forum/search.php?searchid=3970974

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
yep the stainless bug sprayer with a different nozzle works great for shower & dish washing

i put 10-15 people through the coleman everyday, and do dishes etc for that many, only thing it doesnt like is cold weather but any propane system wont like it too cold its just physics!

some good accesories avaialbe too I love how it has its own pump and battery. i even use it to fill the water tank on the truck...

CSG

Explorer
I carry an Advanced Elements 3 gallon solar shower. Not perfect but it works and is less than $20. No bulk either.

A 5 gallon might be better for two but will weigh over 40# filled with water.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Elements-Gallon-Summer-Shower/dp/B000J2Q0SU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1292517903&sr=1-2"]Amazon.com: Advanced Elements 3 Gallon Summer Shower / Solar Shower: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Storz

Explorer
Glad to see you guys are planning on doing some camping with us this summer! Once you get Kelly comfortable in the outdoors she'll be much more game for camping :)

We just use a cheapo bag shower like below (if I even take one) - but I think for your purposes something like the stuff mentioned above is more suitable.

060328175802s.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
...There are also engine mounted fluid-to-fluid heat exchangers that allow you to heat your potable water...

Obviously I'm biased but I started as a general consumer looking for a shower option, bought one and quickly become sold on the concept and execution. I've hat my vehicle mounted showers installed for a combined 7? years now, zero problems and hundreds of nice hot showers :D

printman

I have enjoyed nice hot showers with this set up. Not the smallest set up but the stuff was laying around in my garage. Got the tent from Walmart. Had the deep fry. I use a 12 volt pump with a hose to a garden sprayer and can cut the flow back on it to conserve water. I heat the water up to a nice temp and then turn off the burner for my shower.

P7100095.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94