Living for 6 months in the trailer?

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Yeah Jay. How you goin' hold any wild frat parties in the Taj Majal without lossing your Delta Ki Alpa Cappa Sigma Greek Alphabet something or other friends once they find out about your living conditions? I'm telling Debbie!:Wow1:

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Well no go.

I was offered the job, but several factors made me turn it down.
So I am sleeping in my warm bed with my wife....
Not a bad thing!

Thanks for all the suggestions and help. If I had accepted the job, it was the action plan.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Update.

After declining the job, I reconsidered and waited to see how they were doing, turns out I was offered the job again and accepted. I have been living for the past 6 weeks in the Conqueror tent.

The start was rough with cold conditions.
0328.jpg

But I brought the cold bags too. The first night I heard my first owl's doing more than saying woot woot... woke me from a deep sleep with the screams they made....

I have been exploring the area some and getting in lots of bike rides after work. Amazing what having no family and TV will do for you.
041211podC.jpg

Last edited:

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Moving on...

Warm weather came and with it come the storms, tornadoes, thunderstorms and.... needless to say I packed up the tent and slept in the bed of the Tacoma a couple of nights
043011podB.jpg

Invasions. I found a couple of mice droppings in the trailer and assumed one got in when I left the door open, no problem, cleaned everything out and shut it up tight. Then at 1:30am or so, I felt something on my arm. I knew what is was, switched on the light... sure enough... a mouse.
042111podA.jpg

I flicked it off and watched it to see where it came from. It ducked under the mattress and then two heads popped up. So back to sleeping in the Tacoma I went.
In the end, I trapped 5 total and then researched the net. I learned pure peppermint oil on cotton balls keeps them away... so far so good!
042611podA.jpg

And an Owl or two...

Last edited:

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
More...

The rest of my life is also getting busy, my father was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer, so every other weekend has been a trip down to visit and help around the house.

My family came for a visit.
042511podB.jpg

And more things invaded my happy home.
050211podB.jpg

050211podA.jpg

All in all it has been a blast. The biggest mistake I made was bringing too many bikes. Road, mountain and a cross bike for commuting, I ran out of places to secure/store them, plus they were taking a beating. I stashed the cross bike at my parents, the road bike is in the tent and the mtn bike now lives in the Tacoma (if I don't have to sleep there)

Thanks for all the helpful tips, I have a couple more weeks to go, then move into the house we rented for a year.

Last edited:

wjeeper

Sorry to hear about your dad, best of wishes that all goes well.

Sounds like your having a great time! Maybe minus the cold. Sounds like your living the dream!

I haven't heard the peppermint oil on cotton ball trick before, I may have to give that a try. Mothballs in the jeep when its in storage works, but it takes forever to get the stench out!

BCHauler

Adventurer
Good for you for trying something new. As you've heard from the responses to your idea, most people aren't willing to try something different. I know I wouldn't have been. Congrats, and I'm glad it's working out for you. I think this definitely embodies the spirit of Expo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz