VW Transporter for the USA

nemoaz

Observer
Only US and Canada spec vans were called "Eurovans" but none were TDi's, I think. I'm sure no US vehs were TDi. So someone has added an emblem at least. Maybe it was a US spec van with an added TDi engine or a Euro or Central/South Am spec vehicle with the "Eurovan" added, would be my guess. The Mexican transporters just switched body styles. They looked like the first generation US spec Eurovan as recently as a year or two ago.

As for Vw vans in the US, I'm a recovering volksaholic. Tired of their lack of engineering (waterboxer head gaskets and cooling especially), lack of mechanical support, lack of parts, then finally lack of vehicles. At one point they were suing pretty aggressively anyone who sold parts for the older VWs which they themselves refuse to supply parts for now. Finally, they try to sell me a Dodge Caravan and claim it has German engineering.

I've come to grips with the fact that they hate the VW van afficianado, tolerate the GTi crowd, and lust after the BMW and Mercedes crowd. I won't even answer anymore of their "will you buy a New Bus if it costs as much as an Escalade?" surveys anymore.

When Ford brings the Transit to replace the E series van over here, it's game, set, match for me. Screw VW.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles