Another Dodge

AZCPP

Adventurer
That is a sweet order, my hat is off to you sir. What led you to choose gas vs. diesel? Contemplating a similar truck.

Cost of the diesel engine, cost of diesel fuel, and cost of service is just not justifiable to me. Yeah, the cummins has massive power and will go 500,000 miles. I don't have any big trailer anymore to pull, I live 1 mile from my work, and I don't keep anything long enough to care about it lasting to 50,000 let alone 1,000,000 miles. I have owned several diesel's in the past when I had a use for them but right now 390HP of gas sucking power is all I need.

AZCPP

Adventurer
I fully agree though, I like manual everything... Including transmissions, these new trucks are SO FREAING luxo'd out it drives me NUTS.

Cheers

Dave

I would rather had a manual trans. but you can't get a manual behind a gas motor in any new 3/4 ton truck anymore.

shellb

Adventurer
Cost of the diesel engine, cost of diesel fuel, and cost of service is just not justifiable to me. Yeah, the cummins has massive power and will go 500,000 miles. I don't have any big trailer anymore to pull, I live 1 mile from my work, and I don't keep anything long enough to care about it lasting to 50,000 let alone 1,000,000 miles. I have owned several diesel's in the past when I had a use for them but right now 390HP of gas sucking power is all I need.

Yep, I get that...thanks for the insight!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
If I didn't have the Northstar,a new Hemi would be in the driveway. The low end torque,fuel economy and resale made the diesel a must. Add Don Thuren's suspension to a 2010 2500 Hemi ST 4wd rglb and you've got quite a vehicle. Caravan shell out of Reno w/rack.Wow!

shellb

Adventurer
If I didn't have the Northstar,a new Hemi would be in the driveway. The low end torque,fuel economy and resale made the diesel a must. Add Don Thuren's suspension to a 2010 2500 Hemi ST 4wd rglb and you've got quite a vehicle. Caravan shell out of Reno w/rack.Wow!

I like it! Though I also really like your current set-up :victory:

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Do you happen to know what they changed on the 2010 front axle? I heard it got a significantly bigger U-joint in the axle and perhaps a better unit-bearing?

DT75FLH

Adventurer
Do you happen to know what they changed on the 2010 front axle? I heard it got a significantly bigger U-joint in the axle and perhaps a better unit-bearing?

not sure ..on my 2010 they did up the front axle rating to 5500#

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94