Which Treadwrights?

Storz

Explorer
Going to order up a set of Treadwrights in 245/75/16 for the DII soon and just wondering which tread pattern you guys would recommend for a daily driver/forest road truck. I don't do any "wheeling" per say.

Right now I am leaning towards the Warden AT tread pattern, I had an 00 ZR2pickup that came with the BFG tire that Teadwright copied for the pattern and really liked it, don't have any experiance with the other tread patterns Treadwright...

Part of me is also wondering if its even worth it to swap to the 16s since I have great tires on the 18s right now and haven't had any troubles getting anywhere up in the mountains as of yet....

http://www.treadwright.com/shopnow/.../category/categoryid/12/sename/245-75R16.aspx

Last edited:

de5id

Observer
Treadwrights

I would be a little leary of treadwrights might have been a fluke but my brother had two come unraveled on him going down the road caused about 500 dollars worth of damage to the bed.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
I would be a little leary of treadwrights might have been a fluke but my brother had two come unraveled on him going down the road caused about 500 dollars worth of damage to the bed.

Sounds pretty fluke-ish - I loved mine, and yours is actually the first bad experience I have heard.

Mine were the muds and you could definitely tell - relatively loud and not too good on a rainy road... But never let me down in dirt and mud.

KG6BWS

Explorer
I have the TW 245/75r16 muds on my tacoma. The goodyear lookalikes.

They've been great tires. $535 shipped to my door, last october, about 35000 on them and I think I can probably get a couple more months out of them, although they are getting pretty worn. They've worked great for me so far and I've had them in pretty much everything. (Ie. Rain, snow, mud, sand, rocks, and a whole lot of pavement.)

Im definately gonna get another set here in a month or two.

Buckshot62

Observer
Its not a fluke.First set 285\75\16 BFG at copies..Treadwright replaced at 50% of cost because tread/sidewall was seperating on all 4 tires.Second set.. same tread..one blew out at 75mph where sidewall and tread meet..second tire blew out at 75 mph threw all tread off and took out drivers quarter panel. Third tire ..belts seperated ...all within one week. Less than 15,000 miles on tires.Treadwright said Too bad since I only had liability ins.I have pics on my home computer(using wifes laptop on vacation now).If you want to see pics I will be home in 10 days and will send them to you.
Treadwright did send me a new set of285/75/16 mtr copies to replace the last set of bad tires.. but I am done with them.

de5id

Observer
Its not a fluke.First set 285\75\16 BFG at copies..Treadwright replaced at 50% of cost because tread/sidewall was seperating on all 4 tires.Second set.. same tread..one blew out at 75mph where sidewall and tread meet..second tire blew out at 75 mph threw all tread off and took out drivers quarter panel. Third tire ..belts seperated ...all within one week. Less than 15,000 miles on tires.Treadwright said Too bad since I only had liability ins.I have pics on my home computer(using wifes laptop on vacation now).If you want to see pics I will be home in 10 days and will send them to you.
Treadwright did send me a new set of285/75/16 mtr copies to replace the last set of bad tires.. but I am done with them.

That's pretty much what happened to my brother tread came apart going about 70 mph and slapped the bedside so hard it broke the brace and bent it bad....there are better options for not much more money at all, like the kuhmo mud terrains or all terrains check out Vulcan tire

Storz

Explorer
Wow, these are the first negative reviews I've read of them. I think I am going to just stick with my 18"s for a while, they really can get me anywhere back on the forest roads that I go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz