2002 F150 suspension lift

kozmobrown

Hi all. First post

Recently purchased a 2002 F150 4wd. It came with a fabtech 6 inch lift in the front. I have a question about the CV joints and ball joints. The local shop inspected them and they were good. But any idea if the lift is going to cause significant damage or wear them out prematurely? If so then what should I do to prevent this. I have heard of others with lifted vehicles that ended up having to replacing joints after 2000-5000 miles. This would be unacceptable for me.

I plan to use this truck in the backcountry mostly so offroad capability is important. Will not be doing a much rock crawling, but occasional have to go over some.

Attachments

• CV angle 01.jpg
    CV angle 01.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 37
  • CV angle 02.jpg
    CV angle 02.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Front stance 01.jpg
    Front stance 01.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 24

Got Beer

Observer
Welcome to ExPo world. I am interested in how your lift works for you. I have an '01 F150 Supercrew and am considering something larger than a level kit. Also I am interested in what kind of responses you get to your question.

Just a few questions. What size tires are those? Are those the factory headlights? Is it a Supercrew or Supercab?

mixedgasdiver

Welcome. Your angles don't look too bad. Your lift is a quality one and consists of a drop bracket which keeps the angles near stock. When one needs to be concerned is on coil over style lifts that are cranked too high, stacking lifts Maui style, or anything around a 3" with no diff drop. You'll hear others thoughts on this, but this seems to be my experience.

I used to have a Tacoma with a 6" Fabtech that ran about 100,000 miles before anything started going out. I'd make sure the lift was installed correctly and that Bubba didn't have a handful of parts left over when it was done. Other than that, enjoy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

lllateralus

Observer
I had far more extreme angles than that in my 1999 Expedition when I had the torsion bars cranked 2". It ran like that from 50K miles to 120K when I traded it, and the boots were still OK with absolutely no ripping or tearing or any noise from the joints.

You should have no issues with that setup at all.

kozmobrown

Hi Got Beer

It is a supercab. It does not have full size rear doors. I don't know if the lights are factory or not. The tires are just under 35".

Also when I purchsed the truck it had factory leaf springs and blocks in the rear. I replaced those with 5" Skyjacker leaf springs and ditched the blocks. Very happy with the way that turned out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94