fuso 4x4 rebuild

alan

Explorer
This is what I use for bending brackets etc, works great but could be improved.
DSCF6562.jpg

Terrainist

Explorer
Commendable thing you are doing. Flabergastedly monumental. Taking a truck and building another one just like it. Carry on.

alan

Explorer
Hi!
rebuild the back diff during the week, it had very little wrong with it apart from the normal bearings and seal, also I had all the gears isotropic treated to reduce friction and also hardens the surface for longer life.
today refitted the cab to make sure all fits! and yes all is ok so far!
DSCF6564.jpg

DSCF6563.jpg

DSCF6565.jpg

DSCF6566.jpg

DSCF6568.jpg

DSCF6573.jpg

DSCF6569.jpg

DSCF6578.jpg

kerry

Expedition Leader
Is that just a temporary reinstallation? I seem to recall you said you were going to rebuild the engine.

alan

Explorer
Hi Kerry,
Just a dummy assembly to make sure everything fits together ok before sending chassis away for galvanising, still a lot of things to be done.

alan

Explorer
Hi Skifreak
It's a 15,000lb winch from china, I have used these before and if you dismantle and recheck everything they are fine to use, chinese winches have improved at lot over the last few years.

alan

Explorer
Started on the front bumper, had to make it in 2 sections as my folder is only 1200mm wide, the recess has air supply fitting and jumper lead connections for 12v and 24v.
DSCF6594.jpg

DSCF6595.jpg

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Lookin' Good Alan.

You see the covers over the terminal posts .......Have you ever found that type of thing to fit the female Nitto fittings ?? I know water bottle caps work OK as a cheap substitute but I was looking for something a bit more professional .

they are fine to use, chinese winches have improved at lot over the last few years.
Oh IMO ...ditto
John.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz