fuso 4x4 rebuild

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Simply a sensational re-build, transformation that you have created. I am thankful that you did it, as we'd never have gotten the cool alloy wheels without it!

What rpm are you doing at 100kph? Enough power is something I am still to look for, but with 35" tyres in 5th at 100kph I am on 3000rpm, with 500rpm to spare, compared to 100kph on redline at 3500rpmwith stockies!

That's about the same as I'm doing or close enough.

Dan.

alan

Explorer
A little, but the differences are quite small. ;)

That tray looks pretty wide. I am guessing you are not too worried about narrow tracks and more interested in its ability to be used as a daily driver goods truck.
How'd you get a permit with no door mirrors? Must be a Victorian thing...

Pay $88 and you get a 28 day permit to drive for testing or repairs etc, it could be a death trap but it does'nt matter you have the permit, the trays 2.1 m wide mainly to allow for double bed length in camper when constructed:) yeep no mudflaps, no mirrors and a few minor things

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
the trays 2.1 m wide

I can only assume that your cab is narrower than mine, making the tray look wider than it actually is.
By the way... Your truck's looking really good now. Looking forward to see how you do the camper.

D

Deleted member 9101

Thinking of picking up a NPR with a blown motor I found recently and dropping in my spare 5.9 Cummins with an Allison 1000 4wd tranny. (Yea i think I can make it fit. )Then stuffing some Dana 60 axles I have laying around from another project under it. Will probably put a camper on its back and go play! Good thing I have an understanding wife. HUH?

ENJOYING following this build!

After driving a NPR for work for a bit, I am definitely not a fan of them at all. Ride like crap, under powered, and noisy! How ever, with a well tuned 5.9 between the seats I can deal with the crap ride and noise...haha.

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
After driving a NPR for work for a bit, I am definitely not a fan of them at all. Ride like crap, under powered, and noisy! How ever, with a well tuned 5.9 between the seats I can deal with the crap ride and noise...haha.

I promise you if I go to the trouble of building one it will not ride like a stocker!
I'm into building Off Road Rock Climber Rigs and this one would get the full treatment.
Only heavy duty to handle the weight! (But it wouldn't be a Rock Climber because of the High Center of Gravity they have.)

Then again, I found a cheap FSR today that had a 24 FT box on it that would make a heck of a 4WD Motorcoach. I can do a lot of upgrades to the 6HK motors.

Just kicking ideas around in my head for now. I've got some other projects underway that are sponging up all my spare change!

D

Deleted member 9101

Just kicking ideas around in my head for now. I've got some other projects underway that are sponging up all my spare change!

Yeah, gotta prioritize the toys and projects...haha.

I keep looking at a 4 door F-550 that I want to put the largest truck bed camper made on the back. The wife is not totally opposed to it, just have a few house projects first...lol.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Come on guys... (Curtis in Texas & Jnich77)
If you want to discuss modifying an NPR, that's fine, but do it in your own thread. Please do not hijack this one!

Curtis in Texas

Adventurer
Come on guys... (Curtis in Texas & Jnich77)
If you want to discuss modifying an NPR, that's fine, but do it in your own thread. Please do not hijack this one!

I totally agree. Was not intending to take away from this great build that's why I was intending to PM Jminch77 later this evening and carry on our discussions off this thread in private. You just beat me to it!
Was not really planning on posting here again and disrupting with a High Jack. JSYK!

Headed back to the cheap seats.:coffeedrink:

alan

Explorer
Well we had a little spare time today so we put the canter on the dyno, first run we set the pump back to std and disconnected the turbo inlet pipe so basically a standard 4.2 diesel running through 35" tyres, a dismal 30kw 's at the wheels and 213nm's of torque, reconnected the turbo hose and got 37kw's at the wheels, then we wound up the fuel in the pump 78kw's and 540 nm's of torque Wow! what a difference!! turns out when they rebuild the pump they did not set it up for a turbo which i asked for, the fuel screw we have adjusted does not change the complete range so the pump will come off and be sent away to get calibrated for a turbo, hopefully we should get 100kw's at the wheels and well over 650nm's of torque.
https://www.facebook.com/outbackaccessories

java

Expedition Leader
Amazing transformation! Congrats on getting that part done. Interested to see the camper you come up with.

canter tourer

Adventurer
Well we had a little spare time today so we put the canter on the dyno, first run we set the pump back to std and disconnected the turbo inlet pipe so basically a standard 4.2 diesel running through 35" tyres, a dismal 30kw 's at the wheels and 213nm's of torque, reconnected the turbo hose and got 37kw's at the wheels, then we wound up the fuel in the pump 78kw's and 540 nm's of torque Wow! what a difference!! turns out when they rebuild the pump they did not set it up for a turbo which i asked for, the fuel screw we have adjusted does not change the complete range so the pump will come off and be sent away to get calibrated for a turbo, hopefully we should get 100kw's at the wheels and well over 650nm's of torque.
https://www.facebook.com/outbackaccessories

Great work Alan, but it makes me depressed driving my underpowered beast knowing what a weapon yours is turning into:drool:

Aussie Iron

Explorer
I don't think i could live with a non turbo model, it would be so frustrating for me:smiley_drive:

I know what you are talking about so lets get it done so I know where I'm heading with mine.

(Only joking.) But I am following closely as I want to get the best out of mine.

Dan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior