FWC re-siding/roof/repair work question?

TheRedDawn

Observer
hello everyone.

I'm the new owner of a very used 2005 Eagle.

It's been abused but luckily everything works 100%. More just cosmetic issues that I can see and want to address.

This summer I want to re-side everything to get rid of small dents and dings + square everything up. See the pic where you can see the how the roof does not match to side + the roofing material is "wavy". It appears to be the original material. I'm not sure what has caused this issue.

Question: Is there any info/pics on the web where someone has done some repair work similar to my plan on a FWC? I searched the forums here and didn't find anything.

An early thanks.
Matt

ps - the small cabover inte the background will soon be back up for sale.

Attachments

• FWC_Eagle_Roof.JPG
    FWC_Eagle_Roof.JPG
    519.2 KB · Views: 173

rotti

Adventurer
WOW
It looks like someone tried to raise the roof with a can opener!
Can't really be of help but have you tried the Wander the West web site? A lot of FWC users there. Also the guys at FWC and All Terrain Campers are very helpful. Maybe a job for the builders/pros?
Good luck.

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
You can do it!

The siding is no big deal. You can get the material from FWC or other sites on the internet. But!, you are in Truckee and are really close to FWC. They are now doing installs for a one piece roof that is really cool. Talk to Stan @ FWC. I am sure he will see this post and respond.
Don't be afraid to tinker. It is what keeps me sane. You can always find the answer either here or at Wander the West forum.

Hope this helps.
Jeff

TheRedDawn

Observer
Thanks for the info. I didn't know FWC and ATC were so close. Both have the materials for my job.

I'll dive into the project sometime this spring and will document it as well.

I know this is an old thread, but were you able to repair the dents in your roof? I recently purchased a popup and would like to remove a few baseball size dents in the aluminum roof. Anyone???

SNOWDOZER

Adventurer
What was the other small cabover on? I have a DC Tacoma, is it that small? If it is I would like to see it when your ready to sell. I live in town and could swing by and take a look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles