2008 F250 Build

ktn00000

Observer
Since I was now curious, I filled it up yesterday then drove about 175 miles through a combination of dirt and secondary roads (only in four wheel drive for about a hundred yards on an icy uphill curve) then filled it up again. It got 14.25 miles per gallon on that little jaunt.

BCHauler

Adventurer
I have enjoyed your write up on your truck.

I am poised to make a tire purchase for my f250 and have been planning on 315/75/16 Duratracs on a set of 16x10 wheels that I already own. However, I have been running a worn out set of Terra Grapplers in that size on those wheels to see how I like them and frankly, I'm not sold. The look is much more aggressive, but I'm almost a little bit embarrassed at the same time. I don't feel the need to compensate but it almost looks like I am...(just my personal opinion however).

Anyway, now that tire spending day is upon me, I am suddenly revisiting the 255/85/16 idea with stock 16x7 wheels. I really haven't liked how the truck tracks on the highway with the wide tires and how the braking seems to have suffered.

Anyway, I'm not meaning to hijack your thread. Can you give us an update on the truck and how you have liked the skinny BFGs? Any regrets on your choice?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior