Jack's 2007 Chevy Build

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Well, there has been a major change in the overlanding rig. I went from this:

To this:

The build will be slow and a lot more mellow than the 80. Most likely, H2's, 285's, and then...

The eventual plan is for a FWC.

Jack

Last edited:

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Congrats. I have been able to find some good stuff here: Z71 Tahoe / Suburban forums

I don't know if this will work for yours, but the price is right: All four on high mod.pdf

If you have the power seats, cutting the stop to allow them to recline is a good one too.

Stock 1500 keys will work on the front to lift a couple inches if you need to. I still have mine around somewhere if you need them send me a PM.
Great color. Add a little red clay and it will be perfect!

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Bummer Man... You went from a reliable piece of machinery to a GM product (the athisis of the previous statement) I just can't fathom what on earth would make you swap an LC for a POJ GM truck??? I'm guessing it has something to do with work and a freee vheicle otherwise... WHOOPS. Could have at LEAST gotten a Dodge (aka a decent domestic truck LEAPS and bounds above anything with a Bow tie on it)

First mod: Checking for all the TSB's (gonna be ALOT of them I'm guessing) on the truck and getting those fixed... Then you can actually DRIVE it.

Is it too late for you to get the Cruiser back??? I'm getting sick for you just looking at the pics/post... God how I hate GM products. I'm SO SORRY for your loss.

Cheers

DAve

ridefruita

Congrats on your new truck. I have a 2003 1500 and love it. Yes it has its issues, but what vehicle doesn't. I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader
Bummer Man... You went from a reliable piece of machinery to a GM product (the athisis of the previous statement) I just can't fathom what on earth would make you swap an LC for a POJ GM truck??? I'm guessing it has something to do with work and a freee vheicle otherwise... WHOOPS. Could have at LEAST gotten a Dodge (aka a decent domestic truck LEAPS and bounds above anything with a Bow tie on it)

First mod: Checking for all the TSB's (gonna be ALOT of them I'm guessing) on the truck and getting those fixed... Then you can actually DRIVE it.

Is it too late for you to get the Cruiser back??? I'm getting sick for you just looking at the pics/post... God how I hate GM products. I'm SO SORRY for your loss.

Cheers

DAve

Dude, Dave, why do you have to come into people's threads and crap all over them? There's lots of GM rigs that are serving and will continue to serve their owners needs for a long time.

You did the same thing when I mentioned my Jeep has been a great rig for two years for me, and communicated that to Phil in his thread.

I know you like your 4runner and toyota's in general, but jeez man, give it a rest.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Well, there has been a major change in the overlanding rig. I went from this:

To this:

The build will be slow and a lot more mellow than the 80. Most likely, H2's, 285's, and then...

The eventual plan is for a FWC.

Jack
Looks like a solid Chevy you have there. That 3/4 ton pick-up should last you a lifetime!:wings:

TKSC01

Adventurer
It's a matter of opinion.

Maybe a little harsh man, really.

Cheers

DAve

I've had a 2500HD for six years and it's been a great truck. It just hit 100,000 miles and I have no plans on getting rid of it. Good luck. Nice truck you bought.............

Saline

Adventurer

Cheers

DAve

^Seriously? BTW, what's a "athisis"?

Congratulations on the new truck! Hope you have many great adventures.

Flagster

Expedition Leader

Cheers

DAve

Nice truck!...and as for "all the TSBs" you should be worried about...my 2005 Tacoma (although I love it) has had plenty...and my 2000 GMC 3500 (wood hauler) that I now have over 160,000 miles on has yet to need more than tires/brakes/oil/etc...FWIW

alexrex20

Explorer
Dude, Dave, why do you have to come into people's threads and crap all over them? There's lots of GM rigs that are serving and will continue to serve their owners needs for a long time.

You did the same thing when I mentioned my Jeep has been a great rig for two years for me, and communicated that to Phil in his thread.

I know you like your 4runner and toyota's in general, but jeez man, give it a rest.

you said it much nicer than i would have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste