Any more room for M101 builds? My "RubiChaser" build.

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
Hey Everyone, my name is Sam I'm new here, been reading and stealing all your ideas here :) and here is what I came with.. Please welcome me and my "RubiChaser" CDN M101

The day I bought it! I think I got a good deal on it, I bought it from an Army Surplus store in Kelowna for $1200 CDN, (if anyone is interested he's got few more sitting in the back) all in very very decent condition)
4ac69688-73b4-1cc1.jpg

4ac69688-733f-3101.jpg
l
4ac69688-73de-0042.jpg

4ac69688-73f2-1031.jpg

After seeing all the cool trailer on this forum, I couldn't do anything different, and started my build,
Fist, I did a spring over axle lift:
4ac69688-744a-80cc.jpg
4ac69688-7458-6666.jpg
4ac69688-746e-3bd6.jpg

Than, started building a lid, gas shocks for the lid, and did a paint job.
4ac69688-74af-43ad.jpg

4ac69688-74c6-8551.jpg

Hand break relocation
4ac69688-74e1-57d2.jpg

And here is how my RubiChaser sits today.
4ac69688-7520-bd18.jpg

4ac69688-753a-24eb.jpg

It's not finished yet, I still have to hold new fenders to cover the tires, but it's getting close, it's color matched to my jeep, matching wheels and tires :)
Can't wait to take it put and test it!
Let me know what you guys think..
Thanks, Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greentruck

Adventurer
I always like a nice M101! Yours looks sharp.

What RTT do you have?

Noticed your concrete block. I didn't SOA, but did put 33" tires on ours. I got a piece of drawbar stock (or something similarly stiff that was 3/8" thick) and made an extender for our dropleg. Instead of overlapping the leg onto the casting's mounting holes, it allowed me to move the dropleg down the length of the overlap. The extender has holes that bolt to the casting and the leg, probably about 4"~ higher overall. It now matches up with the pintle hitch on our 80 well when coupling, but you'll want to check the height after mod against your Jeep to be sure that it's OK for you if you want to do it.

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
Good idea, I may steal your idea on that! That's why I Love this forum! Thanks!!

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
I sure will, believe it or not, I haven't opened my RTT or an awning even once!!! Living in an apartment building with low garage clearance sucks. And weather outside has been rainy lately. I will do a shot of it all deployed as soon as sun comes out!
Thanks

toyrover

Observer
Another awning question....
Do those poles go up and down that support it vertically? any more pics you have of that setup would be great. ian

gasman

Adventurer
x2 on the drop leg . i did somthing very simalar this is best pic i have of it but could take another if ya needs it
IMG_0491.jpg

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
Cool thanks, was just in the parking lot an took these pics of the awning bars.
1855a6fc-dc43-c190.jpg

1855a6fc-dc61-17b1.jpg

Eventually I will put aluminum tube bars instead as these scratch easily and will rust.

armyrv

Observer
Nice work. Very professional looking.

$1200 is a decent price for those trailers. There was a company up near Montreal that had around 100 of them 2-3 years ago, basically in un-issued, new condition for $900 each. Naturally they didn't last long. Still kicking myself for not getting one. Oh well.

Extending the leg would be pretty easy to do. Just unbolt it from the joint then cut some thick flat stock to the length you need, drill holes and you are done ;)

Will be interested to see pictures of it setup.

Rubicon_Fan

Adventurer
Here is sneak peak of my trailer deployed
1855a6fc-40e2-cb1e.jpg

It's sitting on military tires still, need to get new tires balanced.

Sorry don't have many pictures.. But I'm planning on taking it out soon and do a "proper" photo shoot.

My future mods:
1) Bedline the bed (waiting for a quote from LineX) (should've done it before painting doh!)
2) Portable power, solar panel charger
3) Aux lights, (visionX flood lights)
4) Outside mount for table
5) weatherstripping

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior