Overland Adventure - UK, Central Asia, SE Asia, Oz, South America

Seanx4

Fantastic thread and pictures,

Are you still travelling, i checked out your blog and the posts stop in Colombia?

We are planning a similar trip starting off in the US, we will spend 3-6months testing out our rig before shipping to Europe and following a similar route to you.

I have some questions about the logistics and security of travelling through Central Asia to Pakistan / India, is there a way I can contact you?

Thanks Sean

Sean, thanks for the post,

Yes we are still travelling, after Colombia we head all the way down south to Ushuaia. From Buenos Aires we shipped to Durban and travelled through Africa (South Africa, Swaziland, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya, Ethiopia, Sudan, Egypt etc).

We made out out from Egypt to Cyprus and our now in Turkey.

Feel free to ask any questions you like, would be happy to help out, you can also post in our Overlanding FB Group others may have more up to date information to share.

As you can imagine we have 1000's of photos to go through, here a few from Bolivia,

wd5a7492.jpg

wd5a7425.jpg

wd5a7357.jpg

wd5a7412.jpg

You can see more on our FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.896627903729208.1073741856.202126516512687&type=3

Seanx4

Great photos,

We will be heading through Europe and then onto South East Asia.

Do you know if it's possible to drive from Europe without a carnet and what the best route be?

You can drive through Europe and Central, East & West Asia without a Carnet, but you do need one for Iran,India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Australia and NZ.

More details on carnets can be found on the Overlanding Association's website, it details visa requirements, IDP, Carnet and government travel advice etc.

This is the Carnet map (click on the link / map to see the interactive map)

Regarding the best routes, all are good, central Asia, Pakistan, India, Myanmar SE Asia, or Via China Laos or Russia and Mongolia then China etc…

Probably best to work out where do you want to go and what do you want to do and plan the route around that…

Seanx4

Thanks for the info, the Overlanding Association is a great site

I sent you pm on FB not sure if have seen it. It might be in your other inbox

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles