Where to carry water tanks on fullsize pickup

fastring

Looking for pics and ideas for mounting water tank(s) on a fullsize truck. I'm thinking of a tank or two on/under/in a truck (F350) bed. Anyone mounted one before? I've been using 5gal blue jugs and end up cracking them and they are difficult to dig out to use. Having some piped together would be handy.

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
For hard mounted tanks, between the frame and outer bed skin seems to work pretty well. There is about 20 gallons of room on each side.

JohnMcD348

Observer
I was considering looking at auxiliary fuel tanks(new, not recycled) that are designed for under frame mounting for your specific vehicle. They're usually fiberglass tanks, and are designed to hold up long term. I don't foresee any issue with potable water with them and they are already designed to mount to your vehicle and many include pumps already installed. Just plumb it with a fitting so there would be absolutely no way to accidentally put something other than water in it.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I haven't done it yet- on the 'to do' list, but relocated the underneath spare to a rear tire carrier d/t size. That leaves a big space to build a tank, safe, etc and easily skid it, and/or allow it to drop down utilizing the orig spare tire mechanism.

TKSC01

Adventurer
Here are mine....so far.

I came a cross a thread showing someone using a Harbor freight ATV rack as a base to start the roof rack on their vehicle. So I did some resaerch and found this to be suitable for me as well. I just got the rack and there is a ton of fab ahead of me but it will surely work in my favor, the pics I have so far are on my build threat "My Bronco Build thread", not much, but it will give you an idea. The rack when I am done will be 54"x85" and will house some gear and a RTT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles