Need 12volt Air for your rig?

Clay

Adventurer
I've had one of these for a couple of years now and it's been running good the whole time. I split off the compressor and hard mounted it, then put a tank underneath the car that's bigger to make up for the lack of speed it's not the fastest air compressor, but it works. 40 amps is about right for draw under load.

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
i read the whole thread over on i8mud and the all seem to love it. some stated they have been running the same unit hard mounted for years. some had made portable set ups by using Anderson clips and hacking a good set of jumper cables to attach to the battery. i think i will be purchasing one of these as well.

a question i do have for anyone knowledgeable on the subject is, i am planning on running air bags on the suspension of my 4x4 van as part of a four link suspension w/ coils of curse. can i modify this set up to run those bags also? how could i control the air pressure setting for the bags while maintaining the steady pressure in the tank? mount second tank with a pressure sensor?

verdesardog

Explorer
i read the whole thread over on i8mud and the all seem to love it. some stated they have been running the same unit hard mounted for years. some had made portable set ups by using Anderson clips and hacking a good set of jumper cables to attach to the battery. i think i will be purchasing one of these as well.

a question i do have for anyone knowledgeable on the subject is, i am planning on running air bags on the suspension of my 4x4 van as part of a four link suspension w/ coils of curse. can i modify this set up to run those bags also? how could i control the air pressure setting for the bags while maintaining the steady pressure in the tank? mount second tank with a pressure sensor?

Just put a pressure regulator inline from your tank to the air bags.....I have a viair 200psi (1.5 gallon tank) rig in my truck, straight line to the remote airline connector for inflating my air bags or airing up tires and an inline regulator set at 125psi for my pac brake and air horn.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
I just read Overland Journals Air Compressor comparison. Unfortunately, it didn't include the Puma. Has anyone seen real world testing of the Puma? Specifically actual vs advertised CFM at various pressures?

I'm debating between the Viair 400 and the Puma. Pricing is about the same considering the included tank and manifold with the Puma. The puma is larger and probably harder to hard mount under the hood of a 3.6L JK. The puma draws about twice as many amps. But I'm wondering if it really is twice as powerful.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online