M416 Trailer Lid

DonBeasley

Adventurer
Have you thought about how you will mount it to the top - welded or bolted? I am trying to figure out the same thing. Thinking about bolts with reenforcement on the underside.

This is my 416 with lid being fabricated. Adam does do exceptional work and pays attention to detail. It is aluminum and will be rated to hold 400 + lbs. I will be installing an ARB Simpson III RTT with some other additions to come. Please pm me if you would like the contact information for the shop There also will be a safari style rack fabricated to mount on top of the lid.

KA5IVR

Observer
That has always been the reason for no multiple production of these. Shipping is tough!

Wood Crating and Truck Freight would be the only way feasible. I believe the costs depends more on size than weight.

Maybe someone could tell us what a crate roughly 5' x 7' x 1' and weighing around 100~125 lbs would cost to ship from Ft.Worth, TX.

CH10

I'm definitely interested if you're still working on this deal. With a little luck I'll be able to pick up a M416A1 this weekend.:wings:

DonBeasley

Adventurer
still trying to finalize details and cost with Adam on these. His shop is very busy. I expect this to be several months out but I will keep working on it.

Are you in the DFW area as his shop is in Ft. Worth.

Thanks.

CH10

I'm not in a huge hurry, based on the pictures it looks like it would be worth waiting for anyway. I'm actually in El Paso but I don't mind making the drive. Gives me an opportunity to check out more of the state parks.

Scramblin_Jim

I'm interested as well if this deal is still going to happen. I might pick it up and could deliver others as well back to the Phoenix area to help offset the cost of driving out and back.

DonBeasley

Adventurer
Adam and Kendall @ Tribe 4x4 are ready to start looking at putting some of these lids together but in order to get material and labor pricing they need to get some idea of serious interest.

I have PM'd most of you that I have emails from but want to see if anyone else is interested but may not have seen this thread as it is several months old.

They will build but will not ship so it is a "come and get it" deal if they do this. They are in Ft. Worth, TX. If you are interested please let me (or them) know. I am a go for sure and am just trying to let others know about their great work and maybe lower the price a little with a group deal.

Had a chance today to go look at top and here is what I know and saw. Lid is all one piece of 1/8" aluminum. It has 2 bends on the sides and then the front is bent as well and the only exterior weld is the 4 corners where the metal meets. Overhang is 1". Total height is 5-5/8" including overhang. Finished top surface is 47" wide by length of trailer.

Gas struts are shown in pictures and are stock items that fit a Durango. Available at any parts store. Struts have a weld support in lid and are bolted to trailer with backplate. Handles are standard items screwed to metal.

I have asked Adam to work up prices, but for those interested the question will be "with hinges, struts, latches and handles" or "just the lid". It will make a price difference.

Lid comes off by disconnecting struts, opening lid all the way and sliding to the rear to disengage hinges.

I asked Adam on the weight and he says the 2 of them in the shop can pick it up and he estimates 50 -60 lbs.

Adam is at least 2 months out before he can start this project and he would like to do them all at once to save time, money, and shop space.

Thanks to Brent for leading the way on this and having one built for his trailer.

Let me know if you are still interested.

DSCF0996.jpg

DSCF0997.jpg

DSCF1001.jpg

DSCF1000.jpg

fjcruzn

Observer
M 416 Trailer Aluminum cover

I will be posting pictures of the aluminum lid I had fabricated for my 416 in a couple of days. I have a ARB Simpson II mounted on it.

I believe I can have these fabricated for around $700 or less each depending on interest.

cheers,

dale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke