looking to buy a Travelall

wesfab1

Goin' Commando
Hello everyone. I am in the market for an IH Travelall. I am having a hard time finding one as you can imagine. I live in Upstate NY, so the odds of finding one locally are zilch.

If you have one for sale, or perhaps have come across one in your local craigslist or classifieds please let me know. I am partial to the '73 model. Must be a 4x4

Thank you

Last edited:

ktn00000

Observer
Type travelall site:craigslist.org in Google and you can will search all craigslist sites for travelall (or what ever search term you wish).

By the way, I learned to drive on a '74 Travelall and later owned a '73 4x4 Travelall with the 392 and a four speed.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Look on these websites, binderplanet, ihonlynorth, justinternationals, oldihc, binderbulletin. I think these are the major ones, they all have classified sections. You are looking for the 69-75 body style Travelalls right? I have one I would let go but you are on the wrong side of the country. I do see them out your way from time to time for sale though. Be prepared to do rust repair, even the ones out west here have some problem spots where they like to rust. I own a few Internationals and am partial to them. Good luck on your hunt.
There is an orange 73 4x4 one on the Nashville craigslist, listed Dec 19, asking 4k for it. Looks good in the pictures.

Last edited:

wesfab1

Goin' Commando
Thanks for the quick responses. That google search trick really helped out. I wish i knew about that long ago.

Im really not looking to do rust repair. I went through that with My Scout 80. New floors front to rear, loads of rust on the inner fenders, rockers, lower quarters.

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
The 69-75 Travelalls seem to like to rust out around the rear fenders and at the lower windshield corners. All the ones I have owned had rust problems there and most of the ones I see for sale do too. It is fairly easy to fix those spots, I think you can actually get rust repair panels for the rear fenders, if the rust isn't too spread out too far you can just trim the rear fenders for bigger tires. The windshield repair I have heard is a little more involved. Post some pictures of whatever you get and your plans for it.

wesfab1

Goin' Commando
shortbus, are you in Northern California or North Carolina?

I may be willing to ship if the price was right.

sjester

Observer
Another good way to search craigslist is to use Searchtempest (google searchtempest) you can set mileage from a certain zip code and pick the CL category to search, good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94