Big Bend Country

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Thanks for all the kind words, gentlemen. It really helps me stay motivated to write these trip reports when there is so much positive feedback. :victory:

I really need to get out there and check it out. Maybe in the fall if I can get something planned.

We will be taking another scheduled trip out there next winter, but there may be a spur of the moment trip out there before that.

Ash

Adventurer
Nice write-up Mike. BB has been on my mind again for the last couple of months and this aint helping! :sombrero:

I'm almost complaining that I'm going to Telluride instead of BB for a vacation... almost. I'll may try to head back BB for a long weekend in April, should have a RTT by then.

Ash

OKXterra

Great write up and beautiful pics. I'm a huge fan of the Texas Trans Pecos region, but life has kept me away the last few years. Your post has made me make getting back in the next few months a priority. Thanks for posting this.

RU55ELL

Explorer
Awesome pics and report! I want to go to Big Bend so bad but it's so far I want to make a week out of it.

KSJeep

Explorer
Nice report, thanks. Do take the time to see the canyons from the river, we spent 3 days kayaking Big Bend and it was amazing.

Shasta FJ

Mr. Leary,
You sir have raised the bar! Outstanding photographs and write up. I'm thinking you are ready to start doing that for a living! No joke, that is as good or better than the stuff I read in travel mags. Nice work!

Ron

Mr. Leary

Glamping Excursionaire
Mr. Leary,
You sir have raised the bar! Outstanding photographs and write up. I'm thinking you are ready to start doing that for a living! No joke, that is as good or better than the stuff I read in travel mags. Nice work!

Ron

Wow. Thanks! :)

flashdude

Big Bend

I love your photographs and descriptions of the quiet and solitude of the Big Bend region of Texas. You hit the nail on the head. For that reason, we moved to Marathon about 5 years ago! Hope you spent a few minutes in Marathon on your way to the park. I backpack in BBNP or in BBRSP at least once a month, and still can't get enough of it. Been going here since 1970. I am currently working on a coffee table book and a guide book to the region, in the early stages. One of the great treasures of the region is its people, or I should say, "characters." Be sure to spend some time sitting on a front porch talking to some locals next time you're there. You might be talking to an archeologist, or maybe to a concert violinist, or maybe an artist, or just as easily a prospector. You won't know until you strike up a conversation.
Thanks for all your kind words about our little corner of the less-traveled world. Let me know if you come back down. I have a fairly well-equipped TJ Jeep that spends a lot of time in the backcountry down here. Just might join you.
Happy Trails. Flashdude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste