show your cb radio and antenna install

Demon4x4

This is on the tow rig, still figuring out where I want the antenna for the Explorer.

CB mount is nothing special:

file.php

Antenna mount I had a bit of fun with though:

file.php

AMDemon

Observer
this is the same model cb i ran in my old wrangler. it's a cobra 75. but i love how it makes for a really clean install.

Attachments

• CB INSTALL.jpg
    CB INSTALL.jpg
    506.5 KB · Views: 37
  • CB INSTALL 2.jpg
    CB INSTALL 2.jpg
    528 KB · Views: 33

nakota

Observer
Here's my setup - I have a Cobra 25 mounted under the dash and a firestick antenna mounted on the hood with a chevy mounting bracket, so we didn't have to drill any holes. It's actually out of commission right now..still trying to figure out what's wrong with it.

bluedomino019.jpg

bluedomino022.jpg

res062.jpg

AA1PR

Disabled Explorer
AA1PR's Comm

not quite a CB but rather ham radio
I have my HF to UHF radio remotely mounted
DSC_0769.jpg

between the radio & the antenna is the LDG AT7000 autotuner
here's my 12.5' antenna for 40m to 6m operations, fed with LMR 240 coax
DSC_0308copy.jpg

I use a 102" whip with a really really heavy duty stud
Cumminswith102blklicplt.jpg

And my galaxy when I really need to do some talkin. She's pretty dirty, but she cleans up nice and talks pretty GREAT
0812121924.jpg

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Man that old Galaxy radio is sweet. Thats probably from before the FCC put the 4 watt power limit on citizens band isn't it?

Man that old Galaxy radio is sweet. Thats probably from before the FCC put the 4 watt power limit on citizens band isn't it?

Nope. It's a 10 meter radio that HAPPENS to run on cb frequencies. It's an export radio, like a Connex, Magnum, General Lee, etc, except it just stomps on all the others hahaha

She does put out some power, and I don't run it a whole lot because it's not legal to run per the FCC, and I don't want to happen to run into the FCC guy having a bad day and noticing what kind of radio I'm using and getting the thing took. It's too valuable and too hard to find hahaha

With this naked radio I've talked to China, the Philippines, Greenland, South Korea, New York, all from a cow pasture in South Texas.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I always thought that pre-4W CBs were grandfathered into the new law, you just couldn't modify a new CB or a 10m rig to run more than that on 11m. Just as long as you never need to have someone repair it for you (or if you can repair it yourself) you should be ok.

I always thought that pre-4W CBs were grandfathered into the new law, you just couldn't modify a new CB or a 10m rig to run more than that on 11m. Just as long as you never need to have someone repair it for you (or if you can repair it yourself) you should be ok.

Not sure about that. I just know that you aren't allowed to use a ten-meter radio that operates on an 11 meter band. I can't find when the law went into action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles