Chasingdreams Trailer Build

chasingdreams

Adventurer
I welded some flatbar around the rear door opening. This will be for the weather stripping. I only wanted 1 seam on the weather stripping and the 90 degree corners were a little much of a bend for the weather stripping. To solve this, I softened up the corners a bit.

Attachments

• Expedition Trailer 036.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 036.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Expedition Trailer 038.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 038.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Expedition Trailer 037.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 037.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 85

chasingdreams

Adventurer
More pics....

Attachments

• Expedition Trailer 047.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 047.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Expedition Trailer 048.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 048.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Expedition Trailer 041.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 041.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 93

chasingdreams

Adventurer
Almost forgot...... For the black oily coating that is covering the steel. A cheap way to clean it is using white gas,... such as Coleman fuel. Squirt some on a rag and it wipes right off and it evaporates quickly and leaves no residue.

Attachments

• Expedition Trailer 019.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 019.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 26

Tom Foolery

Adventurer
very nice work. What are the leaf springs from? They look similar to mine. Also, like the weather striping around back door, you'll find that it works great.

chasingdreams

Adventurer
very nice work. What are the leaf springs from? They look similar to mine. Also, like the weather striping around back door, you'll find that it works great.

Hi Tom,.... Thank for the compliment. The springs are the same ones you used from Quadratech. "YJ fronts with the 1.5 lift"

aka rover

Adventurer
Nice build maybe we will cross paths on the small road system this summer :smiley_drive:. Im building a small trailer using a series rover bed to tow behind the defender. work looks great keep the pics uploading.

Cheers Ed

chasingdreams

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliments everyone. Finished up getting the axle mounted and everything measured out so I flipped it over and finished all the top side welding. I put the cargo box on to get it centered and the mounting holes drilled out. The tires and rims that are mounted on it currently are only temporary for mobility. I will have 35's and rims to match the tow rig. Next on the to-do list is to get the fenders and running boards mocked up. The Max Coupler is also on the way from AT Trailers:victory:.

Some progress pics.........

Attachments

• Expedition Trailer 049.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 049.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Expedition Trailer 050.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 050.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 108
  • Expedition Trailer 053.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 053.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 124

chasingdreams

Adventurer
More pics........

Attachments

• Expedition Trailer 058.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 058.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Expedition Trailer 055.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 055.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Expedition Trailer 054.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 054.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 89

Tom Foolery

Adventurer
I see you have trailer brakes on your baby, I omitted them on my, but now I am thinking otherwise. That will probably be my next addition. You will find that those leafs will give you tons of travel. I did add Monroe Air Shocks to mine as well as a pair of Hellwig EZ-550 helper springs for when I'm really hauling a heavy load such as a full box of firewood as well as 4 tanks of gas. But they are not needed for your standard camping trip. Looking forward to more pics.
:ylsmoke:

chasingdreams

Adventurer
I see you have trailer brakes on your baby, I omitted them on my, but now I am thinking otherwise. That will probably be my next addition. You will find that those leafs will give you tons of travel. I did add Monroe Air Shocks to mine as well as a pair of Hellwig EZ-550 helper springs for when I'm really hauling a heavy load such as a full box of firewood as well as 4 tanks of gas. But they are not needed for your standard camping trip. Looking forward to more pics.
:ylsmoke:

Tom,.... What was some of the factors that determined air shocks over gas for your set up? any info would be appreciated:coffee:

rockman

Adventurer
A very strong looking build .... congrats :clapsmile:clapsmile:clapsmile.
If only I could weld / plan something like that .:drool:
I will be following this build closely .

Cheers Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online