Chasingdreams Trailer Build

chasingdreams

Adventurer
First I would like to thank everyone that has posted trailer builds in the past. The information and pictures available here have been a huge part of making this project for me and my family happen. The information available in this forum is a great tool to have, and again thank you everyone for taking the time to post this information so that we all can learn from it. Now,..... on to the trailer build!:wings::wings:.......

Progress today.....

Frame rails - 2 x 3 x 1/8
Bumper - 2 x 5 x 3/16

Attachments

• Jeep Mods 009.jpg
    Jeep Mods 009.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 272
  • Jeep Mods 015.jpg
    Jeep Mods 015.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 338
  • Jeep Mods 018.jpg
    Jeep Mods 018.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 214

uk trailer guy

Observer
Those are some lovely, heavy-duty mounts you've got on the rear bumper. Are they for bikes, motorbike etc., or just recovery points? I like the rear light recesses too.

PS. That's pretty good progress for one day :)

chasingdreams

Adventurer
Those are some lovely, heavy-duty mounts you've got on the rear bumper. Are they for bikes, motorbike etc., or just recovery points? I like the rear light recesses too.

PS. That's pretty good progress for one day :)

The center is mostly for recovery,.... the two outer ones will serve two purposes.....

Assessory mounts - Firewood, Bikes, etc. (in transit)
Stabilizer/Leveling jack attachment point - When parked at camp

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
I like the start...are you going with a box type with external storage compartments (boxes) or a miltary style box (like the M416/M100, etc)?:elkgrin:

chasingdreams

Adventurer
Sweet looking frame,what is the weight?

Im shooting for a total dry weight around 1600#

I like the start...are you going with a box type with external storage compartments (boxes) or a miltary style box (like the M416/M100, etc)?:elkgrin:

It will be a box type...(Large central box with 2 side boxes)
The 2 side boxes will be shorter than the main box and mounted to the rear. This will allow for a side access door on the front drivers side and a fold down shelf on the front passenger side for mounting my stove/oven. I decided against a lid that opens because I'm 5'7"....so reaching over the side for anything sizeable would be a bit cumbersome.

Made a little progress today.....:wings:

Attachments

• Offroad Trailer 001.jpg
    Offroad Trailer 001.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Offroad Trailer 002.jpg
    Offroad Trailer 002.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 178

chasingdreams

Adventurer
Ok.... so,...got a little side tracked with installing a LOD tire carrier and rock slides on my rig,... Back to the trailer!:wings:

I fabbed up the lower portions of the fenders and also supports/mounts for my tongue box. I also installed the 8 gussets that will act as mounts for the main box.

I'm still waiting on some suspension components,... so next week,....I may jump ahead and start on the box construction.

Attachments

• Expedition Trailer 003.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 003.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Expedition Trailer 002.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 002.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Expedition Trailer 001.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 001.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 115

chasingdreams

Adventurer
Progress Report............

Finished up the chassis but since the suspension had not arrived I started on the main cargo box. I also fabbed up the rear door and mounted the hinges. Below you can see the tabs that I welded on..... This is for the running boards. The fenders, running boards, and front deck will be aluminum. So the tabs give me an easy place to throw some hardware to secure it.

Attachments

• Expedition Trailer 029.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 029.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Expedition Trailer 034.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 034.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Expedition Trailer 040.jpg
    Expedition Trailer 040.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Forum statistics