Intuit introducess GoPayment mobile credit card payment plan

haven

Expedition Leader
Intuit has a credit card verification and payment program called GoPayment. Now GoPayment works with a card reader that plugs into a smart phone.

Sign up for GoPayment by mid-February to get a plan with no monthly service fee and a free card reader for your smart phone. For businesses with low or intermittent volume of transactions, the fee is 15 cents per transaction, plus 2.7 percent when a card is swiped.

For example, if you swipe a card to sell an item you priced at $10, GoPayment keeps (0.15 + 0.027*10.00) = 42 cents, and you receive $9.58 from Intuit.

The fee goes up to 15 cents plus 3.7 percent if the card information is entered by keypad.

The GoPayment app for your phone can be set up to include a list of frequently purchased items, and automatically calculate sales tax. The app can send an itemized receipt to the customer by email or text. Email can include a map that shows where the purchase took place. To simplify record-keeping, data collected by the GoPayment app can be off-loaded to Intuit's Quickbooks accounting software.

GoPayment does not require a long term contract, and there are no setup or cancellation fees. So there is little risk in giving the service a try.

GoPayment's card reader works with many popular smart phones, but not all. Check out the program's website for more information http://gopayment.com/

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Intuit has a credit card verification and payment program called GoPayment. Now GoPayment works with a card reader that plugs into a smart phone.

Sign up for GoPayment by mid-February to get a plan with no monthly service fee and a free card reader for your smart phone. For businesses with low or intermittent volume of transactions, the fee is 15 cents per transaction, plus 2.7 percent when a card is swiped.

For example, if you swipe a card to sell an item you priced at $10, GoPayment keeps (0.15 + 0.027*10.00) = 42 cents, and you receive $9.58 from Intuit.

The fee goes up to 15 cents plus 3.7 percent if the card information is entered by keypad.

The GoPayment app for your phone can be set up to include a list of frequently purchased items, and automatically calculate sales tax. The app can send an itemized receipt to the customer by email or text. Email can include a map that shows where the purchase took place. To simplify record-keeping, data collected by the GoPayment app can be off-loaded to Intuit's Quickbooks accounting software.

GoPayment does not require a long term contract, and there are no setup or cancellation fees. So there is little risk in giving the service a try.

GoPayment's card reader works with many popular smart phones, but not all. Check out the program's website for more information http://gopayment.com/

I'm not sure what this has to do with vehicle dependent off road travel, but so far it sure sounds like spam...:Wow1::smiley_drive:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Spam to some (apparently), and a news item to others. Several folks here sell off-road related products in locations like club meetings. It's useful to be able to conduct business anywhere your cell phone receives a signal.

A similar service called Square is described in a thread here
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44710

OK, that makes sense now. Just wasn't sure if someone hijacked your account or something.

LACamper

Adventurer
A good friend of mine sells jewelry at school fairs. It would be great for her to be able to take debit/credit cards. Obviously she'd rather cash though...

liftedlimo

Adventurer
All of my tool truck dealers(snap-on, mac, matco, etc) have mobile credit card machines. They were only a few hundred bucks and worked very well. They would link up to your computer or cell phone and call in the cards when you wanted them to.

You could also get out the OLD credit card machine that takes carbon copys and run them when you get home. Might save someone a few bucks and have less things to worry about.:Wow1:

Last edited:

uli2000

Adventurer
I have a Square card reader. Fees seem to be about the same (maybe a tad cheaper) and I get the money the next day in my bank account. I dont use it much, but it's come in handy. Works with my iPad, iPod Touch, and Android phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior