Excursion pop top from CCV

dsw4x4

Adventurer
Here is a interior video
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QpIGBBiyb0"]YouTube - MVI 1370[/ame]

SLO_F-250

Explorer
:Wow1: SO COOL! Nice work. I love the Excursions. Whats going on in the interior? Any comforts? Sink, stove, etc?

dbreid

Adventurer
I am interested in this as well. I have a square Body Suburban (1989), and I have toyed for a long time with the idea of doing this myself (making molds, and glassing, etc), but I never quite get to it.

Are you making molds for the ones you do, to make the next set easier/cheaper? Or are these all custom? Also curious as to costs/process to have something like this done?

Thanks in advance. Looks like a neat project!

-Dan

Very cool. I've been thinking about replacing my cab-hi SnugTop for something a bit taller..perhaps a Vision. I've also looked at the Flip Pac. Then I started thinking about sourcing a pop top like the ones on my Westphalias, but the thought of me fabbing something like that was scary. Lo and behold...this setup would be perfect on my SnugTop. Just having a place to be able to pull on your pants standing up would be great. Good job! I'll check out your website. :sombrero:

DKB2GO

Observer
That's mighty clever and a fine example of quality craftsmanship. Curious to see what more the owner does with the buildout of the interior.

DKB2GO

Observer
Have you done any more of these on, say, a Suburban or Tahoe? Also, what the usable width and length of the bed? Given the recent postings from the show in Germany, this CCV solution is pretty close their sea of poptops; especially so if you go the extra mile and buildout the lower level to suit your needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles