UJOR Build Thread

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
this is a good idea, i'd meet up and check out some vans and chat with other van nutz :elkgrin:i'm in the early stages so it'd be sweet to see what others have done and get feedback/input. plus, the girlfriend can get a chance to see what we're getting into. oh yeah!

i'm in fort collins and can meet up anywhere on the front range. somewhere in rocky mountain nat'l park or someplace else awesome like that wood be sweet. waaaay better then in a wal-mart parking lot. it's also memorial day weekend so lots of people will be out. it'd be fun to get some candid shots of people's reactions to randomly coming across a group of ************ vans. anyways, sounds good, will stay tuned for details.

Too cool! I'm in.

Lets do it! I did't realize it was a holiday weekend so I'm cool to do whatever. Camp, day trip, f we can combine them that would be great. I'm not too familiar with the area so if someone can make a location recommendation that would be great. I'll start to round up the UJ vans already in the area.

e350vegas

Observer
I'll be on the road soon to attend the Overland Expo in AZ

Shoot....I would love to go and buy you a few beers! (it seems long over due after the ten thousand emails/texts you respond to helping me weekly!) But, that is my honeymoon week to taking the little lady on a cruise so she can get some tan lines!

Next time you are close the west coast...please let me know!

350outrage

Adventurer
I'll be on the road soon to attend the Overland Expo in AZ, then making my way from Flagstaff to Denver for a little R&R with the wife. Since Denver is a big town for us I was thinking about organizing a meet & greet on 5-24.

We have a few super nice vans in that area already as well as a few guys that are potential customers so I think it would be fun for everyone to get together and talk/see the vans.

Thoughts?

Count me In! Rocky mountain Nat. Park is in that area. Never been there, but maybe some possibilities. I'll contact my son who lives in Broomfield (near Boulder) and see if he has any ideas for a good meetup location. This could be fun!

stormlover

Adventurer
I'll be on the road soon to attend the Overland Expo in AZ, then making my way from Flagstaff

Bring some schwag. I presume you'll have a booth or be in the vendor area? I'll be there on one of the days since I live here but I'd also like to stop by and say hi and thanks for answering all my questions as well. Got any extra large Ujoint T-shirts?:)

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Shoot....I would love to go and buy you a few beers! (it seems long over due after the ten thousand emails/texts you respond to helping me weekly!) But, that is my honeymoon week to taking the little lady on a cruise so she can get some tan lines!

Next time you are close the west coast...please let me know!

I should be in your hood for SEMA this year!

Count me In! Rocky mountain Nat. Park is in that area. Never been there, but maybe some possibilities. I'll contact my son who lives in Broomfield (near Boulder) and see if he has any ideas for a good meetup location. This could be fun!

Sounds good! I'll be in your area on my way out, maybe meet up for breakfast? I'll let you know more as we get closer.

Bring some schwag. I presume you'll have a booth or be in the vendor area? I'll be there on one of the days since I live here but I'd also like to stop by and say hi and thanks for answering all my questions as well. Got any extra large Ujoint T-shirts?:)

Will do. I'll pack up the remaining shirts & stickers/etc from our last run.

350outrage

Adventurer
I should be in your hood for SEMA this year!

Sounds good! I'll be in your area on my way out, maybe meet up for breakfast? I'll let you know more as we get closer.

Will do. I'll pack up the remaining shirts & stickers/etc from our last run.

Just let me know! Breakfast is on me. :coffeedrink:

tspang

I am the one on the creeper under the van, in the blue jeans. This is my van as completed by UJOINT OFFROAD. Started out as a 2001 Ford E-350 7.3, and was transformed into a UJOINT 7.3 SMB. Sportsmobile North did the conversion, and UJOINT made it behave, in all conditions. I could not be happier with how it turned out. I realized after the SMB conversion that it needed help in the suspension department, as well as more height. Long story, but Chris got the call, and I am very fortunate to have had him do the 4x4 conversion. We did a lot to the van, and it turned out perfect. Chris and his crew at UJOINT were absolutely a delight to deal with. The quality of materials, parts, workmanship, advice, and knowledge of Chris and his crew is beyond compare. UJOINT understands customer service and takes great pride in their work. UJOINT is world class with what they do. This van is great fun, something that is at home in any situation, on or off road, daily driver, or anything you want it to be, as well as reliable and supportable anywhere. Chris and his talented crew at UJOINT OFFROAD have exceeded my expectations. I cannot say enough about my experience with both Sportsmobile North and UJOINT OFFROAD, I am delighted with both !

This is my first post here. Photo is of UJOINT Crew. Chris is the one who's hair and legs match !!

Attachments

• IMG_1869.JPG
    IMG_1869.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 53

bkbroiler00

Observer

RMNP imo, has some of the most fantastic scenery. Nederland, Allenspark, Lyons...all good spots as well. i'll think more on it, too. in the meantime...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU_HWvKtKhA

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I am the one on the creeper under the van, in the blue jeans. This is my van as completed by UJOINT OFFROAD. Started out as a 2001 Ford E-350 7.3, and was transformed into a UJOINT 7.3 SMB. Sportsmobile North did the conversion, and UJOINT made it behave, in all conditions. I could not be happier with how it turned out. I realized after the SMB conversion that it needed help in the suspension department, as well as more height. Long story, but Chris got the call, and I am very fortunate to have had him do the 4x4 conversion. We did a lot to the van, and it turned out perfect. Chris and his crew at UJOINT were absolutely a delight to deal with. The quality of materials, parts, workmanship, advice, and knowledge of Chris and his crew is beyond compare. UJOINT understands customer service and takes great pride in their work. UJOINT is world class with what they do. This van is great fun, something that is at home in any situation, on or off road, daily driver, or anything you want it to be, as well as reliable and supportable anywhere. Chris and his talented crew at UJOINT OFFROAD have exceeded my expectations. I cannot say enough about my experience with both Sportsmobile North and UJOINT OFFROAD, I am delighted with both !

This is my first post here. Photo is of UJOINT Crew. Chris is the one who's hair and legs match !!

If that isn't a glowing recommendation, and the truth, I don't know what is!
Enjoy it tspang!

350outrage

Adventurer
WooHoo! New Shoes!

Well, I went with the Duratracs. It came down to those or the New BFG. I was just hoping the Duratrac would be a little softer, and better in mud. I flip flopped for a month between these two before making a choice though, because they are both a great tire. Toyos were kind of eliminated because in addition to being the most expensive, they are not "snowflake" rated. Toyos wd prob last the longest though.

First impressions: They look Awesome on the van! The ride is indeed a little softer, and coming up from the 32" Laredos, the van runs just how I hoped it would with the 4.10 gears. It had seemed a tiny bit short geared on the 32's. Bottom line, I really believe the UJOR 4" kit is tuned to run 33's, and I spec'd the 4.10 with a ratio calculator before the conversion with the 33" tire size, so I guess that 1" does make a difference. Anyway, I'm really thrilled at this point!:wings:DSCF0512.jpgDSCF0513.jpgDSCF0511.jpg

Last edited:

350outrage

Adventurer
Quick update: We just went out and drove through the same mudhole that brought us to a dead stop with the Laredo's, and the van just dug in and tractored through! When I tried this on the Laredo's, I had to Use my Tractor (literally) to pull the van out! What an improvement!

350outrage

Adventurer
RMNP imo, has some of the most fantastic scenery. Nederland, Allenspark, Lyons...all good spots as well. i'll think more on it, too. in the meantime...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU_HWvKtKhA

Vanzilla loves Nederland! I think biggest problem will be finding a place thats not too crowded on the holiday weekend. Hopefully someone who's local can come up with some specific spots.

Attachments

• DSCF0515.jpg
    DSCF0515.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 47

350outrage

Adventurer
This is close by. It might be busy on a holiday weekend.
http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/Chatfield

That looks great to me, if there is space available. My son (who is local) says group camp sites at Denver area State parks are usually gone by December. If others like this spot, someone ought to reserve something ASAP, or space will be gone. Memorial Day weekend is pretty tough in Denver area. Denverites are an outdoor loving bunch, and they sure take advantage of the fact that they live in Gods big beautiful playground!

Last edited:

CrabbyMcNab

Adventurer
Look at National Forests close by. The tourons usually miss the good spots within the forest opting for the more well known national parks. Most national forest, and BLM land for that matter, are dispersed camping and you can usually find great spots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior